A Very Sad Expat Story in Kampot - BUT with Happy Ending

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Very Sad Expat Story in Kampot - BUT with Happy Ending

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Kampot) - On Tuesday, May 12, 2020, O'Brien George Allen, aka Tom, came to be photographed and fill out an application for a new Khmer national ID card in the name of Sen Samnang, at the Cambodian Identity Office located in the Customs Office in Kampot, after he obtained Khmer nationality.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Kingdom of Wondering...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Sen Samsung... cool name with great connections...
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A Very Sad Expat Story in Kampot

Post by jubo2 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 pm Whilst it is a sad story, I have little to no sympathy for for him. Not only did he fail to conduct due diligence before purchasing land, which if he had he would have known that foreigners cannot legally own land and he could have taken steps to protect his interest ie. long term lease, set up and purchase through a company...instead he trusted a real estate agent to purchase the land under his (the real estate agents) name, and it also appears that he failed to conduct any due diligence on building regulations as he has built a permanent structure within 30m of the riverbank, which he could be forced to demolish if the state deems. Nice looking house though, the guy obviously had money - but no common sense.

This is the only truth as I understand.
So why making of him a special case ? No money but selling land for $100000+
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

jubo2 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:17 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:58 pm Whilst it is a sad story, I have little to no sympathy for for him. Not only did he fail to conduct due diligence before purchasing land, which if he had he would have known that foreigners cannot legally own land and he could have taken steps to protect his interest ie. long term lease, set up and purchase through a company...instead he trusted a real estate agent to purchase the land under his (the real estate agents) name, and it also appears that he failed to conduct any due diligence on building regulations as he has built a permanent structure within 30m of the riverbank, which he could be forced to demolish if the state deems. Nice looking house though, the guy obviously had money - but no common sense.

Simple ..... he ran out of money so decided to sell some of the land only to discover his so called 'partner' had screwed him over. He still needs some money so he is selling some of his land now that he is Cambodian and the title is in name.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

kgbagent wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:55 pm
jubo2 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:17 pm

Simple ..... he ran out of money so decided to sell some of the land only to discover his so called 'partner' had screwed him over. He still needs some money so he is selling some of his land now that he is Cambodian and the title is in name.

so he is just a real champion !

congrats to him !
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Chara made it a viral story by operating a account in his name deleting any comments that questioned why a American wrote so poor khmer English or anything about the story itself.

In cambodia when things go viral things get done. This time for a American to make People forget for a while how many of their own people who suffer without recieving any help at all.

With all that Said ofc i wish him luck but there is so much fabrication in this whole thing that it made me sick. All those fake posts from him and hunt down of doubhters being told to Close their mouths or in at least one case get their pictures posted on Facebook by Chara beeing called prostitute among other nasty things by the Tom mob after writing to him unknowing that it was actually going to her.

Tom was lucky now i hope this goes away.
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Albror wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm Chara made it a viral story by operating a account in his name deleting any comments that questioned why a American wrote so poor khmer English or anything about the story itself.

In cambodia when things go viral things get done. This time for a American to make People forget for a while how many of their own people who suffer without recieving any help at all.

With all that Said ofc i wish him luck but there is so much fabrication in this whole thing that it made me sick. All those fake posts from him and hunt down of doubhters being told to Close their mouths or in at least one case get their pictures posted on Facebook by Chara beeing called prostitute among other nasty things by the Tom mob after writing to him unknowing that it was actually going to her.

Tom was lucky now i hope this goes away.
As i mentioned earlier .... he has jumped from the frying pan to the fire in regarding his choice of agents
RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

The happy ending is not so happy it appears.

RandyN
BANNED

Post by RandyN »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic