French Foreigner + Son Arrested for Assaulting Journalist

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

French Foreigner + Son Arrested for Assaulting Journalist

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A Frenchman and his son have been arrested in Siem Reap for using violence against Cambodian journalists.

They are said to have attacked Apsara TV Network reporters, but I have a feeling there's more to story.

They are owners of a hotel in Siem Reap. Maybe THE SAMAR VILLA & SPA RESORT?

Just when I thought things were getting back to normal in the Kingdom.

Engrish:

Apsara TV reporters was a French father and son cast and remove cameras

Siem Reap: Although freedom of the press is guaranteed by the Constitution, the supreme law of the Kingdom of Cambodia, often in continues to see threats and violence by some individuals on the journalists who use bin and camera Instead of weapons and ammunition, including some journalists were injured and some died unfairly.

However, on 7 November 2014 by reporters recently to television network ANN Apsara in Siem Reap is a man French father of two children using violence auction kicked and stripped the camera for some time while he and other colleaguesvillage ponds mainland horses neighborhood Reap.

Local police officials said that foreigners who are accused of using violence against journalists named CHRISTIAN JACQUES passport numbers xxxxxxx and BERTRIAND CHRISTIAN JEAN hold the number two xxxxxxxxx father and owner of the hotel. The victim named Dutch reporters Apsara TV network ANN Siem Reap.

Mr Ho, who claimed to be victims of the bid evaluation by foreigners both father and son above stated morning Sunday that he had filed an administrative complaint with the police already mainland to demand justice.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: French Foreigner + Son Arrested for Assaulting Journalis

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Hmmmm, so I wonder what the journalists were investigating/reporting on that caused these frogs to get violent towards them??? As GM said, there's definitely gotta be more to this story.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

There is a Cambodian journalist who I will do more than just assault if I get 5 minutes alone with him.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Extortion?
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

Cambodian "journalists" are well known for their scams and extortion attempts. Actually there is no such thing as a Cambodian journalist.........these are criminals with a camera.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

You can usually identify the fake ones because they work for newspapers that run issues every few months. Apsara TV is too legit for the kind of shenanigans mentiond. I doubt it is extortion.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Comment of the event on Facebook:

Owners of the "Samavilla" hotel and "Le Funon" restaurant in Siem Riep. Father and son French expats. blocked a local road and smashed camera of a reporter who came to the scene.
Not the best means of negotiating and maintaining friendly relationship with the local population.
I have witnessed this a couple of times with French expats in the Ivory Coast.
Gives expats a bad reputation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic