MARK ASPINALL Arrested after Pulling Out Gun over Drink Bill in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: MARK ASPINALL Arrested after Pulling Out Gun over Drink Bill in Phnom Penh

Post by Yobbo »

A man with a small pistol of whom was in the inner circle & of whom was of influence has now lost his pistol & his influence.
Woh I'm stayin out a that inner circle man :shock: I just want to hear welcome handsome man :Rose:
mkilburn2002
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mkilburn2002 »

has any one been to check up on him?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Flashing a gun for a 10 $ beer tab is a bit like flashing your genitals in a playground when you're sexcited : grossly violent, vain, a bit gay and a sure way to get a striped tan. Oh i forgot stupid.

I'm just sorry for his kid. Dad's lost time doesn't grow back.

I wouldn't have much tolerance for a foreigner waving a gun in my homeland.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

I always had the impression that Mark was some what of a fantasist, and his insistence on talking in third person was annoying but he did seem a good guy. I remember Mish & Jack the Belgian meeting up to discuss how Jack could get his life back on track, a few months later Jack's dead and Mish is heading to prison. How quickly things can change. He was constantly flaunting his wealth though, I just don't believe he'd draw his gun over $10. I'd love to hear his side of the story. Someone on here must be close enough friends with him to go visit?
Last edited by LIVIDZX on Sun May 17, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

LIVIDZX wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:41 am He was constantly flaunting his wealth though, I just don't believe he'd draw his gun over $10.
The more people brag about their wealth, business acumen or connections online, the less substance there usually is. That's true both in general and on Cambodia expats forums in particular.

Looking at the photos of his arrest and reading what Jamie wrote about the suspect on here, I don't get the impression that Mark is particularly wealthy. That he's still not out on bail (or on strength of bribing someone) only confirms that suspicion.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Alex wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:58 am
LIVIDZX wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:41 am He was constantly flaunting his wealth though, I just don't believe he'd draw his gun over $10.
The more people brag about their wealth, business acumen or connections online, the less substance there usually is. That's true both in general and on Cambodia expats forums in particular.
That is exactly why i am so modest about the size of my penis!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Yobbo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:02 pm
Either that or you don't speak ill of the dead.........
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Arget wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:55 pm
Yobbo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 12:02 pm

Either that or you don't speak ill of the dead.........
Haha It got a bit of run about a month ago but I must admit most of the time it is parked in the garage :oops: :D
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

Is he “going” to jail or in jail? If in jail what’s his status? Has anyone made inquiries, called or visited him?
For someone who supposedly had so many friends on this forum it’s surprising how much little information is on offer.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

He is "in" jail. He is "going" to prison Stiliko.
Locked Previous topicNext topic