How the Chinese think: Chinese patriotism

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: How the Chinese think: Chinese patriotism

Post by Electric Earth »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 2:16 am MMA is a game with rules that determine which form will be the winner and the loser. No one breaks bones, loses an eye, or dies, in order to win.
There really aren't many rules. They may not actually kill each other in the ring, but they Do learn that stuff and know how to kill you. I don't see any practicing murdering each other in the ring from any European form of fighting either. Of course they don't just murder each other on TV for sport. They do definitely break bones. Look up some videos and you'll find some brutal stuff. And the guy who breaks the other guy's arm or leg doesn't get disqualified. He wins. They can easily do that to your throat or skull if you aren't trained to defend yourself.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

wiki: 16 deaths

As of April 2019, there have been seven recorded deaths resulting from sanctioned contests and nine from unregulated bouts. A 2006 study suggests that the risk of injury in general in MMA is comparable to that in professional boxing.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Electric Earth wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:27 am Some of you trumpers
The last thing I am is a 'trumper'.
Electric Earth wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:27 amYou must just walk around thinking about millennals all the time.
no

Anything else I can help clarify for you Electric Earth, let me know. :thumb:
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Brody wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:00 amThe last thing I am is a 'trumper'.
Well that's good anyway. I just assumed since those are the only people I think I hear using the snowflake comment every time a younger person says something they don't like. Sorry about that part. Good job not being pro-trump. :good:
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Electric Earth wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:27 pm
Brody wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 10:00 amThe last thing I am is a 'trumper'.
Well that's good anyway. I just assumed since those are the only people I think I hear using the snowflake comment every time a younger person says something they don't like. Sorry about that part. Good job not being pro-trump. :good:
One does not need to be pro-anyone to mock self-entitled snowflakes. One does not even need to be a US citizen, nor be of senior age. Snowflakes love a nanny state. This is opposite from libertarian views. I don’t know where Trump or any other politician fits in there, you choose.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anyone who uses that stupid term should be banned for being a platitudinous twat.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

To me, that particular slur fits both sides of politics equally well. It also nicely transcends the age and racial heritage barriers.
During the past decade, people seem to have picked up some idea that they need to have an opinion on everything; sadly, they often do not perform due diligence on the sources of their opinion.
I think perhaps this is the basis for that other odious but accurate neologism "fake news".
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Patriotism is for poor and uneducated. Rich elite go everywhere and have friends everywhere.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:46 am
Yobbo wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:43 pm No way man, I'm callin bullshit :x
I seen some kung fu dude knock out like 20 guys then he took on Chuck Norris, put him in a sleeper & was out of the picture. Have to admit Chuck put up a good fight. Seen this with my own eyes!
the thing with Chinese martial arts, is they look good and effective against someone else practicing that same martial art, but put that Chinese martial art up against another martial art, and 9/10 it will embarrassingly fail, if it wasnt for all the Chinese/Hong Kong movies most people would find Chinese Martial Arts a theatrical joke

i mean look at Tai Chi... for example...
Woh & I thought rugby league was gay :shock:
Didn't know that it was a martial art, just thought it was some kind of relaxing exercise.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Chuck Borris wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:21 pm Patriotism is for poor and uneducated. Rich elite go everywhere and have friends everywhere.
Part of the problem, methinks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic