Residence Document?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Residence Document?

Post by kennzo »

Recently purchased a new Motorbike and currently going through the registration process.
The first bike I purchased over a year ago was easy and I quickly acquired the registration card and plate.

This time around matters seem a little more complicated.
Motorbike has been purchased as new from Yamaha Town, Aeon Mall, but before we can proceed to register I require an official signed and stamped document indicating my place of redsidence.

Does anyone have any idea where I go to obtain such a document, and the procedures for obtaining this document?

Thank you
I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
Dara
Expatriate

Re: Residence Document?

Post by Dara »

It may be included in the document, but you need permission.

Then you take that letter to the police department.

Then you go stand in line.

OR>>>>>>>

You go to the line and hire a fixer and job done without letter.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

Hi Dara, thanks for your prompt reply.
''You go to the line and hire a fixer and job done without letter." - Do you mean at the vehicle registration office?
I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
Dara
Expatriate

Post by Dara »

Yes.

If it was before you buy, then you tell the seller that you would
need "help" at the registration.

They give you a cell phone number and you check to see if they answer.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

kennzo wrote:Recently purchased a new Motorbike and currently going through the registration process.
The first bike I purchased over a year ago was easy and I quickly acquired the registration card and plate.

This time around matters seem a little more complicated.
Motorbike has been purchased as new from Yamaha Town, Aeon Mall, but before we can proceed to register I require an official signed and stamped document indicating my place of redsidence.

Does anyone have any idea where I go to obtain such a document, and the procedures for obtaining this document?

Thank you
I would get the shop to assist. When I purchased my bike from Yamaha (on Tchecoslovaquie) they did everything for me. They got some official to come to the shop and do all the paperwork. They took me to get the number etched on the engine and did all the registration. Registration can be a pain waiting around with heaps of other people also waiting. I got fast tracked through the system and the guy from Yamaha did all the work. I think it took about half an hour and I left with plates and everything. I then had to wait about three weeks for the plastic card. When it was ready Yamaha called me and picked it up. I think I paid about $40 for the vip service but I thought it was well worth it to avoid all the hassle.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic