Canadian needs fingerprints taken

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Canadian needs fingerprints taken

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

A quick Google search reveals some companies that can do this. They'll send the prints to Canada and you'll get an RCMP background check afterwards. Doesn't sound easy though (and a bit pricey).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
canajoe
Tourist
Canada

Post by canajoe »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:30 am
Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:11 am Perhaps a public notary.

Google "Benson Samakay". Maybe his office could help.
Benson Samay
Notarie Publique
#1 Mao Tse Toung Blvd (corner MTT and Norodom)

I have no idea whether or not Public Notaries can do this though.

Excellent advice thanks for the help. Benson was able to do the fingerprints. He was happy to stamp his name and address and official notary seal all over it.
He does seem to charge according to his mood,which was a little sour, but it beats flying to Canada.

So for future reference, Mr Samakay is the man for fingerprints.

Thanks alot.
canajoe
Tourist
Canada

Post by canajoe »

samrong01 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:54 am One solution would be to find a lawyer, explain what you need, and ask him to arrange it for you. Of course this would not be free.

Its worthwhile to take time to explain your circumstances to the officials and ensure they understand - they often do not understand English all that well. I have always found officials to be very helpful once they understand and $10 or $20 can go a long way too.

The Minsitry of Interior did have someone translating afterward. Once they understood why I needed the address on it, they did try to make it still happen. They were helpful and took some time to ask up the chain of command and explained that they couldnt do it legally. The translator also gave me his number and said to call if he could help out in any other way.
So no gripe there, they were reasonably nice and helpful and understood i was in a jam.

There was no obvious time or pause or polite cough where a bribe was implied. Maybe could have worked....
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

What was the cost, if you don't mind sharing?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

canajoe wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:57 pm

There was no polite cough where a bribe was implied.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic