Two Pythons Released in Mondulkiri Wildlife Protected Zone (PHOTOS)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Two Pythons Released in Mondulkiri Wildlife Protected Zone (PHOTOS)

Post by lagrange »

Maybe it's just me but when I saw the headline I imagined there would be a picture of John Cleese and Michael Palinn wandering around saying Wtf are we doing in the jungle.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

lagrange wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:10 am Maybe it's just me....
Perhaps. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

truffledog wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:37 pm Locals don't eat pythons, they have Neak Ta spirits in them.
but the chinese and vietnamese do..that may be the bigger problem
the chinese eat anything that moves and cut down or mine anything that doesn't
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

My wife is beside me now saying yes, they get eaten in the province.
Skankykins wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:23 pm Thanks, Ravensnest. Would it have shed its skin early due to stress from its brief confinement do you think? I bet they can drink a shit ton of water.

There was one in a similar cage behind The Exchange a couple of years ago. Hopefully it too didn't end up on someone's plate, enough meat for an entire village. I've ashamed to say I've actually tried rattlesnake before - pretty good, unsurprisingly it tasted like chicken, great tzatziki dip.

20 clicks west south west of downtown Rangoon there's a really cool pagoda in Twantay run by monks filled with boas if you ever get a chance to go. Muscular solid bodies like Fatima Whitbread's thighs.
:D that's a good description. I'd like to see that pagoda in all seriousness. Snakes only shed when they have outgrown their current skin and it's "tight."

+1 on rattlesnake tasting like chicken. It was an Eastern diamondback. :mrgreen:
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic