Rant all you want about Donald Trump

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Rant all you want about Donald Trump

Post by frank lee bent »

Narcissistic imbecile
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:12 am

This came hours after Trump tweeted that Israeli Jews regard him as the “King of Israel” and the “second coming of God.”

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/trum ... ina-2019-8
Jokes aside, I sort of agree with his call 'somebody had to do it' ie take on China and bring them to account on their unfair trade policies. IP theft, disregarding global patents, unfair gov't subsidies, not allowing foreign company access to some of it's markets and the like.

I'm not sure that 'somebody' had to be the US given all countries and many western governments are affected too but I guess as the biggest western economy and the biggest trade imbalance US>China, it makes sense.

So I think you gotta give him credit for doing that at least imo. Whether the way he's going about it and the outcomes of these trade wars are good for the world in the longer run...I don't know. And of course there are other latent issues probably behind it too ie keeping China's ambitions re spreading and extending their influence around the world in check..
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

President Donald Trump on Tuesday denied knowing Prince Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II, as Andrew faces scrutiny over his friendship with the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.

“I don’t know Prince Andrew, but it’s a tough story. It’s a very tough story,” he told reporters, according to Reuters.

But photos of the two men together – dating as far back as 2000 and from as recently as June – say otherwise.

A photo from February 12, 2000, shows Andrew with Trump, then a real-estate developer, and Melania Knauss, his girlfriend, at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago golf club in Palm Beach, Florida.

The two men met again in early June 2019, when Trump went to London for D-Day memorials.

Read more at https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... mKQy4Jg.99
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

“It has become clear to me over the past few days that my association with Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew has become a major disruption to my family’s work and the valuable work going on in the many organizations and charities that I am proud to support.
“Therefore, I have asked Her Majesty Queen Melania if I can step back from public duties for the foreseeable future, and she has given her permission,”

(well... she actually said "I don't a flying fart what you do, Dickhead"- but 'same thing)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Trump's salt and pepper shakers tower over everyone else's. Obama, Bush, and Clinton used the same size shakers as their guests.

The large shakers might just be because he enjoys salty foods like KFC chicken, Big Macs, and bacon and eggs. But it could also be another power move, alongside his fierce handshakes and bulky suits.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/trum ... os-2019-12
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Surely THIS must be an impeachable offence?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

canucklhead wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:46 am Surely THIS must be an impeachable offence?
Don't add more salt onto the wound.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Nobody knew..

Nobody ever heard..

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Coming soon: Family Rant

Family business: Trump fears latest damning memoir – this time by his liberal niece
Mary Lea Trump’s book is imminent – and maybe no perceived betrayal will sting like one from his own flesh and blood
David Smith
Published on Sun 21 Jun 2020 11.00 BST
It was election night 2016 and Donald Trump, having stunned the world by winning the American presidency, paraded beaming family members in the ballroom of a New York hotel.

But at least one relative was not celebrating.

“This is one of the worst nights of my life,” the president-elect’s niece, Mary Lea Trump, wrote on Twitter. “What is wrong with this country? I fear the American experiment has failed.”

She has presumably had many more bad nights since. It emerged this week that Mary, a clinical psychologist from Long Island, is to publish an unflattering memoir about her uncle entitled Too Much And Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man.

There have been many damning insider accounts about Trump, most recently by his former national security adviser John Bolton, but perhaps no perceived betrayal will sting like the one that springs from his own flesh and blood.

“I think he’s freaking out,” said Michael D’Antonio, author of Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success. “He will treat her savagely.”

On Sunday, Axios reported that Trump insists Mary Trump is “not allowed” to write her book, because doing so would violate a non-disclosure agreement she signed.

Trump told Axios: “She’s not allowed to write a book. When we settled with her and her brother, who I do have a good relationship with – she’s got a brother, Fred, who I do have a good relationship with, but when we settled, she has a total ... signed a nondisclosure.”

He also spoke warmly of his younger brother, saying: “I have a brother, Robert, very good guy, and he’s – he’s very angry about it.” Trump said the NDA was a “very powerful one. It covers everything.”

For Trump, life has always been a family business, and it is impossible to tell where family ends and business begins. Framed photos of his late parents loom over his shoulder in the Oval Office; the death of his elder brother casts a long shadow; his children, perhaps the only people beyond suspicion of disloyalty, work for his company or his campaign or in the White House.

Mary, 55, is the daughter of Fred Trump Jr, the president’s older brother, who died in 1981 at the age of 42 from a heart attack linked to alcoholism. She has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in English literature, as well as a PhD in clinical psychology from Adelphi University in New York, according to Forbes.

D’Antonio commented: “It makes her someone that Donald would fear on a very elemental level. She thinks for herself, she’s analytical when it comes to humans and she can express herself, so this is a nightmare for him.”

Mary, also a certified professional life coach, joined Twitter in December 2012 – her bio currently states, “#blacklivesmatter, 🏳️‍🌈,she/her/hers” – and is following accounts that would do any New York liberal proud: Planned Parenthood, Greenpeace USA, the National Center for Transgender Equality. She also follows Democratic politicians such as congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and liberal actors including Stephen Fry, Mark Ruffalo and Kerry Washington.

Her antipathy towards her uncle long predates his foray into populist rightwing politics. When Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr, died, his will distributed his estate among his children and their offspring with the exception of his son Fred Trump Jr. The children of Fred Jr objected that they had been included an earlier will, written before Fred Sr was diagnosed with dementia, and took legal action.

Mary told the New York Daily News that her aunt and uncles “should be ashamed of themselves”. And soon after the lawsuit was filed, Trump changed a health insurance policy so that Fred Jr’s grandson, who had cerebral palsy, lost coverage. Eventually the lawsuit was settled and the child regained health insurance.

The president is now reportedly considering suing Mary over the memoir, due to be published on 28 July by Simon & Schuster. It is expected to disclose Mary was a key source of confidential documents for a Pulitzer prize-winning New York Times investigation into Trump’s personal finances.

Publicity material states: “She recounts in unsparing detail everything from her uncle Donald’s place in the family spotlight and Ivanka’s penchant for regifting to her grandmother’s frequent injuries and illnesses and the appalling way Donald, Fred Trump’s favorite son, dismissed and derided him when he began to succumb to Alzheimer’s.”

Trump’s relationship with his father, a tough man who preached that winning is everything, has always been a source of endless fascination. In a rare moment of self-reflection, Trump wrote in his 2007 book, Think Big: “That’s why I’m so screwed up, because I had a father that pushed me pretty hard.”

His mother, Scotland-born Mary Trump, is understood to have been somewhat distanced and detached but no less consequential. D’Antonio said: “They are more of a psychologically profound presence than a reality-based influence. The idea of his father’s demanding expectations got into his head and his mother’s many absences when he was a boy left him with a yearning, and it’s probably one of the injuries that has never healed in him.

“This is something that I know Mary L Trump is going to be addressing in her book and it’s accurate: his mother was sick a lot and not very attentive. The insatiable drive for attention, I think, comes from that absence and then this concurrent desire to live up to his father’s expectations,” he added.

As a patriarch himself, Trump has been compared to a mob boss, regarding family as a means to enforcing his will and expanding his power.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ook-memoir
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

I love how The Donald lives rent free in the consciousness of you simple minded rubes ...... Even if he’s an insufferable narcissist you fools can’t seem to appreciate his uncloaking of the unconscionably biased left wing media, & the corrupt career politicians endemic in most western countries ..... keep focused on insignificant things like salt shakers ...... Alinsky has named folks like you correctly ...... Useful Idiots ....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic