Last Repatriation Flight For French in Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Last Repatriation Flight For French in Cambodia

Post by Alex »

John Bingham wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:53 pm Imagine if the foreigners in Cambodia in 1975 had gone to the UK embassy instead of the French one? The KR would have gotten bored and killed everyone before the embassy staff got around to doing anything.
Hard to imagine a more useless government than the UK's at this time of crisis. Not just their embassies.

I'm wondering if the UK can still be considered a developed country, but in general (not limited to the UK), I think we will soon need a new category: the opposite of a "developing country". Where development goes backwards.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Alex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:35 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:53 pm Imagine if the foreigners in Cambodia in 1975 had gone to the UK embassy instead of the French one? The KR would have gotten bored and killed everyone before the embassy staff got around to doing anything.
Hard to imagine a more useless government than the UK's at this time of crisis. Not just their embassies.

I'm wondering if the UK can still be considered a developed country, but in general (not limited to the UK), I think we will soon need a new category: the opposite of a "developing country". Where development goes backwards.
Your President recommended that everybody should inject themselves with disinfectant.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Foreigner wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 pm
Your President recommended that everybody should inject themselves with disinfectant.
:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:29 pm
Thanks Donald ;-) I found this on the internet and now I am self-disinfecting myself and I think it's working. :beer3:

Vodka Disinfectant Spray Recipe
Last Updated on March 27, 2020
There comes a time in every home when a little disinfecting is in order on top of the normal day-to-day cleaning routine. Some exposure to germs is good for us, helps build our immune systems, and keeps us healthier in the long run. However, there are times when we need to take a more aggressive tend toward cleanliness than the regular cleaning routine might allow.

Vodka, like most alcohol, is a natural disinfectant. It can easily kill many germs and works in a pinch to keep wounds and even equipment clean from infection causing bacteria. Use the cheapest, highest proof vodka that can be found for this recipe, no reason to pull out the expensive stuff that is being served over ice or in cocktails. The other great thing about vodka is that it dries fast meaning that it doesn’t need much in the way of wiping before touching the door knob or using the toilet seat.

Look for vodka with the highest proof possible…at least 60% alcohol is best (or at least 120 proof).
https://scratchmommy.com/vodka-disinfec ... ay-recipe/
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

Both those 'presidents' have wild hair...maybe that's the disinfectant working.. :head shot:
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Or the drugs 🙄
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:29 pm
it's TRRRRRUUUUUEEEEEEE !
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

KLM (via Dutch Government): Dubbel price!!! 900 Euros (one way). I-Satt!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

alexvanlaar wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:08 pm KLM (via Dutch Government): Dubbel price!!! 900 Euros (one way). I-Satt!
That's cheap compared to the prices some of the British Embassy flights were a month or so back. They did have a few less expensive options but they were asking $8,500 for a 42 hour flight to Heathrow at one stage. All extortionate - maybe someone else can find the rates? The flight the Irish Embassy (in Hanoi) later organized in conjunction with the British Embassy here was much more reasonable.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Alex wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic