Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by DaveG »

Tragically, however, the number of deaths so far this year is 37,151 higher than the average for

2015to2019.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... EB__1_.pdf
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

hunter8 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:11 pm
Electric Earth wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:38 pm With extreme measures in place to prevent it's spread. If we took these measures away, the death toll would be much higher. If we took these measures with the flu, the death toll would probably barely register on the charts.
Pray, tell me why only 4 million infections of coronavirus after many months globally when common flu usually registers hundreds of millions of infections over the same period If much more contagious.
:facepalm: It's like talking to a brick wall.

...with a learning disability.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Electric Earth wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:38 pm
hunter8 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:03 pmHere is my take on it.
Oh good. I had no idea how you felt about it. I wish you would share this opinion more often, and in more threads...

The simple Fact is that covid is much more contagious than the common flu and is killing more people, With extreme measures in place to prevent it's spread. If we took these measures away, the death toll would be much higher. If we took these measures with the flu, the death toll would probably barely register on the charts. The numbers are there. There's no denying them.
heres hoping hunter8 has his reading glasses by now.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

If you believe those “extreme measures” work, my brainwashed friends, I have a bridge to sell you. Just look at UK, infections didn’t go down despite lockdown, same is true for other countries. Opposite example is many countries with no extreme measures that are doing well. Not to mention that when people are forbidden to get together outside, they will have get-togethers inside as social beings, not everyone is an introvert. In other words, it’s like trying to stop wind, good luck with that.

My question why only 4 million infections after many months while flu can do hundreds of millions in the same period went answered as was expected because that would shake your entire belief system on covid as it is streamed into your brains by msm.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Electric Earth wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:10 pm Image
Outing forum members can get you banned
up to you...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

See what happens when you try to open up to soon>>
I would think this will be repeated in France, the UK, Germany, the US.....
Three workers at a McDonald's restaurant in Melbourne have tested positive for coronavirus as the Cedar Meat cluster grows.

Three workers from a McDonald's restaurant at Fawkner, in Melbourne's north, have tested positive to COVID-19 as measures to curb the spread of the pandemic start to ease.

The outlet has reopened following a deep clean and is being staffed by workers from nearby restaurants.

But McDonald's has warned the number of ill employees could rise as more test results come back.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/workers-at- ... DLcGqMyPG8
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Dunderhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Dunderhead »

Oh my 3 more people tested positive in a city of more than 4 million, I sure hope that is repeated, because it's statistically irrelevant.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

A big part of opening up means having enough testing resources to track down and isolate any clusters that spring up. As well as being on the downward part of the curve.

Places that don’t have either in place is begging for trouble.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic