Phnom Penh Police Checkpoint Arrests Man with AK47

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Phnom Penh Police Checkpoint Arrests Man with AK47

Post by BR549 »

I have a Chinese AK back in the US.
The article states it is an old Russian with the new plastic parts...The barrel sight is of Russian style if you look ...Chinese have a complete circular sight and Russian have the semi circular sight. So, that statement is correct.
Yes, the plastic shit looks like junk...But, if it is as old as stated the new parts make sense. It certainly has a new bluing as well...it is far too clean to be that old.
Obviously, it would only take a few seconds to break it down and discover what it is exactly.
I modified my old Winchester Defender to a tactical style grip and stock..but kept the original wooden pump grip..my mod is black and is quite a nice conversion.
The police roadblocks are going to discover a lot of interesting things. Not a good idea to be a courier these days..
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

WildA wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:26 pm [ I would be extremely surprised if they were genuine magpul parts.
I couldn't fault the stock. ??? but the grip and the hand guard are dodgy.
Why do you say that?
Ever shot a real AK? Full auto?
I meant i looked closely at the add-on parts and the stock looked exactly like a Magpul original. As far as you could tell from that one photo.
The grip and the hand guard did not seem to be the same as Magpul parts.

No Wild, letting off a full auto blast of an AK47 has never been one of my aspirations.
Like the Afghanis, my favourite riffle and my style of shooting suits the Lee Enfield .303. The only military rifle i have fired. (schoolboy champ for two years, 400 yards, i still love them))
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

WildA wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 am Why do you say that? Ever shot a real AK? Full auto?
If you haven't, you're not doing Cambodia correctly. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Spigzy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:05 am
WildA wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 am Why do you say that? Ever shot a real AK? Full auto?
Never quite got the "i am a whitey in Cambodia, 'can't wait to let loose with the ordinance" thing.
Actually, exactly the opposite - more than anywhere else on the planet i don't want to do that here.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 am
Spigzy wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 3:05 am
Never quite got the "i am a whitey in Cambodia, 'can't wait to let loose with the ordinance" thing.
Actually, exactly the opposite - more than anywhere else on the planet i don't want to do that here.
I wouldn't shoot a machine gun or ak here. Cheaper and safer in the USA.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:28 am
WildA wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:09 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:26 pm [ I would be extremely surprised if they were genuine magpul parts.
I couldn't fault the stock. ??? but the grip and the hand guard are dodgy.
Why do you say that?
Ever shot a real AK? Full auto?
I meant i looked closely at the add-on parts and the stock looked exactly like a Magpul original. As far as you could tell from that one photo.
The grip and the hand guard did not seem to be the same as Magpul parts.

No Wild, letting off a full auto blast of an AK47 has never been one of my aspirations.
Like the Afghanis, my favourite riffle and my style of shooting suits the Lee Enfield .303. The only military rifle i have fired. (schoolboy champ for two years, 400 yards, i still love them))
Personally I use trigger control to shoot bursts on all full autos. Although I have been known to mad minute on occasion usually only on belt feds which can handle extended fire better.
My go to truck gun for many years was a jungle carbine,. Shot a bear with it too.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

i love killing animals for sport

use a scope and a .458 from 200m, no need to get dangerous, the rabbits explode, mount whats left on my den wall fro my wife and my other sister to admire

i get an erection and i can almost see my penis with a magnifying glass :lol: :lol: :lol:
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

fazur wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:06 am

i get an erection and i can almost see my penis with a magnifying glass :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats been obvious from all your posts.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic