Asian Dating Site Names Battambang as City of the Month

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Asian Dating Site Names Battambang as City of the Month

Post by ExPenhMan »

OK, here comes the standard question: Got a hospital there and semi-OK clinics?

I expect the reply will make me cringe as per usual on issues of medical care in Cambodia.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:04 am OK, here comes the standard question: Got a hospital there and semi-OK clinics?

I expect the reply will make me cringe as per usual on issues of medical care in Cambodia.
Yeah, it's not the greatest. There's one 24-hour hospital that is really average and overpriced for the service you get, because they are the only place in town with certain equipment. Then there's Handa clinic, which usually has some Western medical staff and is open in the day times and is pretty good for most ordinary things. Plenty of good dentists, and a good physiotherapist. Some things you might have to make a trip to SR for (I go there for ENT, or the false comfort of Royal Angkor sometimes), and BKK is a lot closer and accessible by land (under normal conditions) in about 6-8 hours depending on your mode of transport.

Not great, but it's alright if you don't have major health problems, and don't mind travelling a little occasionally.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

It’s quite a nice town but I think they built awful shophouses on the riverfront. I regret not buying a 10 room hotel
With a huge pool there, back in the day. It was a season of cancellations about 2008. Was it SARS?
Some lovely areas where there are old wooden houses near a creek. They make the rice paper around there too. The surrounding country is quite nice, huge plains covered in rice. Very quiet at night, there were no bars last time I was there. Close to Thailand is a bonus.
Most Khmer reffos in Australia from Battambang because it was close to the border I suppose.
Good to hear that it has supermarkets now. It would be a good option for expats nowadays I think.
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by Singapore Slinger »

Isn't it famous for Khmerican gangbangers stabbing each other also?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Battambang is a good city to live. I have had some of the best Cambodian food ever there. For being alone or wanting company of female companion, I personally have never had any problems there.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

I must admit I've always fancied visiting Bottombong as the locals pronounce it with a view to living there,I prefer the provincial cities personally like Chiang Mai my favourite place in Thailand.
Siem Reap was one I thought might be worth a try how does it compare to that, which is the more laid back?
Although I do personally love Phnom Penh I call it the world's largest village as it still somehow seems to retain that feeling for me,the stunning location on the mighty Mekong helps I think Chroy Changvar may be the place I will buy a nice big condo with river views?
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Any more photos from anyone would be great it looks very cool already on the few posted so far?
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Singapore Slinger wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:45 am Isn't it famous for Khmerican gangbangers stabbing each other also?
Only if you want to stereotype a city and one of its communities based on a single incident that happened years ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic