Dead 7Yo Girl Found Tied Up in Suspected Pursat Murder-Robbery

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Dead 7Yo Girl Found Tied Up in Suspected Pursat Murder-Robbery

Post by IraHayes »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:03 pm
IraHayes wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:58 pm If this were an isolated incident with no prior similar instances then, no, we shouldn’t be too harsh on the parents.

But.... we know this shit happens way too often and with the wide spread use of social media these crimes are well talked about in the wider community!

So, yeah..... extremely poor judgement from the parent in allowing a small child to wear such an expensive item of jewellery.
Where does it give the value of the item ?
The OP states the police believe the girl was murdered for her necklace..... now I know times are hard and such but the chance she was killed for a worthless piece of jewellery is very small and, more likely, that the necklace had some value.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:49 pm
Spigzy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:45 pm How many kids must be murdered or injured before these idiotic parents stop putting jewelry on them? Such a tragic, and entirely avoidable, loss of life. RIP.

And when the fuzz find the murderer, may no God, or human, help them.
You blame the parents :please:
Yes sorry I do;
1. It is likely that the jewelry was of some value - perhaps even tiny, but yet to a desperado, worth killing for.
2. It happens too often in Cambodia, either kids left up to their own devices in dangerous areas or pulled off motorbikes, etc - same with women & handbags with long straps wondering why they are bag snatch victims; or dead.
3. At 7 years old, I would know where my kid was at all times, who was near them or any threats (ponds, building sites, etc). I have a six year old son, I don't let him out of my sight when he's under my supervision. I can't do that when I'm at work obviously, but he's at school 8am-5pm and he goes immediately with his mother or grandmother who I can trust to watch him properly. I'd relax the above in time, but at 6 or 7, no way, far too vulnerable. The thought of losing a child through my own negligence just doesn't bear thinking about.

There are so many things modern day parents seem to lay at the feet of schools or government, I don't subscribe to that point of view - I see many of the issues with kids stemming directly from bad or just plain lazy parenting. I know I might not have many folks that agree with that, we can all be different, but it appalls me to see the loss of life at just 7 years old. Even if a necklace isn't the motive, where was the parent or guardian? Desperately sad for all involved.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There was a case a few years back where a young girl was killed by a slightly older girl in a field for a $2/ $10? pair of earrings. I can't remember but it was a paltry amount.
It's a strange idea putting expensive gold on children. When my kid was young and not yet talking I took him for a stroll at the stadium that was just a few blocks away from my house. There was one over friendly guy outside and in City Mall a couple of sketch people came by. Anyway the missus was pissed off when I got back because his $200 bracelet had been nicked, I thought it was only worth $20 or something. I would have left it at home otherwise.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Why murder the kid,snatching a necklace of a 7 year old wouldnt be difficult, unless the kid knew the attacker.
RIP little one.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Now that a later news item has revealed that the little girl was found naked, sexual abuse is suspected. The victim's neighbor, a 21-year-old-man is being questioned.

Girl found dead and tied up in bushes
07 May 2020 | 22:00 ICT
A seven-year-old girl was found dead in a bush in Raingtoel commune, Kandieng district in Pursat province on Wednesday evening, district police chief Un Sy said. The victim was nude with her hands and legs bound.

A 21-year-old suspect was detained in connection to the incident and taken to the district police office for questioning, Sy said.

“The victim’s grandmother and villagers supected the man who is the victim’s neighbour. Before the incident, the victim went to play in the village with that man.

“We have detained him for questioning until Thursday evening, but so far the suspect has not confessed to committing the crime,” he said.

The victim’s mother works on a cassava farm in Battambang province and her father is deceased, according to Sy.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... vRDhhPkg5g
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic