Thailand's foreign retirees see their good life slip away

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Thailand's foreign retirees see their good life slip away

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Maybe some will move to Goa, all you need to do to live in India is leave the country every 6 months for a couple of days, Nepal or Sri Lanka will do.
A five year multi entry visa is around £80, each stay 180 days. From what I gather on here the cost of living is cheaper. :beer1:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:03 pm From what I gather on here the cost of living is cheaper. :beer1:
It's one of the cheapest countries, there are fantastic sights and landscapes - and the food is often excellent. Unfortunately the men are annoying as hell and women are difficult/impossible to approach. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Agreed about the women.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Im here in Cambo because its easier to live here than there, and the air is cleaner. Instead of using Bangkok as my base of operations, I use Siem. Easy peasy.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Personally If I was retired I'd be just as happy to spend a few months here and there. I wouldn't be stuck in Thailand or even necessarily in Cambodia. Then again I'm sure it's possible to get stuck in these places I guess?
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by King Keil »

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm Personally If I was retired I'd be just as happy to spend a few months here and there. I wouldn't be stuck in Thailand or even necessarily in Cambodia. Then again I'm sure it's possible to get stuck in these places I guess?
If you have a girlfriend, wife, dog or kids you wanna spend time with them. Moving around is not as desirable in that case anymore.
Otherwise you are right.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

shnoukieBRO wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm Personally If I was retired I'd be just as happy to spend a few months here and there. I wouldn't be stuck in Thailand or even necessarily in Cambodia. Then again I'm sure it's possible to get stuck in these places I guess?
Thats what i do, some of the UK winter in India and a few months here and there in other places
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic