Oh no, is this the end of happy ringpull prizes ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
The Goat
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Oh no, is this the end of happy ringpull prizes ?

Post by The Goat »

:beer1: [/quote]

Congratulations. I'm suitably jealous. Stuck in Thailand right now until the border situation returns to normal. Not only are there no ringpulls, there is no beer whatsoever thanks to the tinpot general over here.

I really miss the KOW. You are luckier than you realize...
[/quote]
Thank you, very fortunate to be here. The alcohol ban in Thailand is not right.
I forgot to
mention in the previous post. The countryside mom and pop shop did give 45$ and took 5$ - they said I could take it to PP, but I'm over 100km from the city and with the virus bullshit.... figured just accept and reload with a few cases. Previous posts are correct that the sellers make no money if they give winners straight up. This is why they charge commission. It also helps to buy at least a case or something at your usual spot. Even if it is a few beers, they may be more willing to take your pull tabs for they are a burden. Also, if you just exchange your free tabs, it stops them profiting from your normal thirst intake. The sellers husband said he has never seen anyone win 50$ before.
Cheers
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Say the shopkeeper buys a can of beer from the brewery for 50 cents. He sells it to me for 60 cents and makes 10 cents. Now I open my can and find a winner. Wow 1 free can so i take it back and pay them the 12 cents bribe to give me a can which is supposed to be free. Now the shopkeeper gets a free can from the brewery's sales promotion and is also up 12 cents. I have purchased the other can for 12 cents. But free is free not free plus a bribe. That shit wouldn't fly in any country except KOW.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

rexwell wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:34 pm Say the shopkeeper buys a can of beer from the brewery for 50 cents. He sells it to me for 60 cents and makes 10 cents. Now I open my can and find a winner. Wow 1 free can so i take it back and pay them the 12 cents bribe to give me a can which is supposed to be free. Now the shopkeeper gets a free can from the brewery's sales promotion and is also up 12 cents. I have purchased the other can for 12 cents. But free is free not free plus a bribe. That shit wouldn't fly in any country except KOW.
Have you thought about how much time and effort goes into collecting and counting all those ringpulls, let alone lugging and stacking all that replacement stock? Read what I posted here: post419682.html#p419682
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

That's called business. If you don't replace stock you have no business doesn't mater what product you sell. Picking up the phone and calling the distributor to deliver x cases of beer takes 2 minutes. It's just a scam so widespread that people think it's right.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

rexwell wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:34 pm That shit wouldn't fly in any country except KOW.
Well, in most countries, (except Cambodia because we are truly the KOW), it would be illegal to encourage people to drink more beer in the hope of winning even more beer. ;-) Because, drinking is BAD, and encouraging drinking is worse.
Does anyone know another country with free beer prizes like the ringpull system that we have here ?
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Thailand do with Leo. I don't know the procedure there though.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:55 pm
rexwell wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 2:34 pm That shit wouldn't fly in any country except KOW.
Well, in most countries, (except Cambodia because we are truly the KOW), it would be illegal to encourage people to drink more beer in the hope of winning even more beer. ;-) Because, drinking is BAD, and encouraging drinking is worse.
Does anyone know another country with free beer prizes like the ringpull system that we have here ?
And I thought it was to save the environment :mrgreen: you know...all those lone ringpulls littering the countryside :lol:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News: From May 25 to 31, 2020, 17 lucky winners win 5 Million Riel from Cambodian Beer can ringpulls in just one week!
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Just when I thought the Cambodia Beer ringpulls were getting rather boring with just 1 free can prizes..along comes this:

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Hey I scored not one, but two of those in a recent slab. But prizes had been limited to 1 free can for a very long time before that.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic