Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Marty wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:29 pm No jobs in the US either. Record unemployment.
Ain't got no jobs ^^^

Any excuse for a cue to Nina - this one especially relevant to the times...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Clemen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:06 am Everything is too fluid right now, iirc they closed on Monday of this week, with little warning. But said they would reopen on the weekend. Who knows?
This doesn't mention transit, but another article I read said that was suspended as well.
"Passenger flights will be suspended until May 9. Cargo and maintenance flights, as well as those carrying medical supplies and other necessities, will be allowed to continue, the Manila International Airport Authority said on its Facebook account."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... d-lockdown
i read on their website this morning that Philippine Airlines will be resuming flights from the 16th May, but with lots of added measures, facemasks must be worn at all times, only 2kg of carry on, but an extra 5kg of check in baggage, domestic flights should arrive 3hours before and international 4hours before to cope with the health (temperature etc) checks and social distancing in the airports

this is from their FB page...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Marty wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:29 pm No jobs in the US either. Record unemployment.
Ain't got no jobs ^^^

Any excuse for a cue to Nina - this one especially relevant to the times...
State of Texas is now reopening in stages, with full reopening over the course of a month. Supermarket chains, Amazon, CVS, and Walmart currently hiring.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:08 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Ain't got no jobs ^^^
State of Texas is now reopening in stages, with full reopening over the course of a month. Supermarket chains, Amazon, CVS, and Walmart currently hiring.
Yeah, both the unemployment rate and the Cv rate is lower in Texas than the USA averages.
Your state? I hope things go well for Texas, and for your whole country.
(and even for you, Nuke :mrgreen: stay well)
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

A lot of airlines saying a lot of things about flying again, a lot of it just to encourage a bit of inward cashflow.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Yeah, but are those unemployment rates because there are no jobs, or because people got laid off and are now just sitting at home waiting for the quarantine situation to be over? Or not taking the jobs that are "below" them? I've checked the local craigslist and a couple other sites and there are plenty of people hiring. Is it work that I'd prefer to be doing, at pay that I'd be happy with and used to in the US? No. Is it still a job that pays? Yes. I've never been the type to sit around and not work because my preferred job or the thing I'm trained at isn't available. I'll mow lawns or dig ditches if I'm not working and that's what's available. There's literally Nothing for me here as far as I know. I can go learn to be a tree trimmer in the US. Lots of those hiring for Spring right now, no experience necessary. I have a solid work history with great references from previous owners. I'll find something.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic