New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom- Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New form to keep track of foreigners in Kingdom

Post by Soriya »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:02 am
beaker wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm The only tricky part for me was the - house name - as it is just a rental house without a name like a guesthouse would have. I just entered the house number and street. Other than that it was self explainitory and simple to use.

Usually the police come to the house and fill out paperwork and take copy of passport and face pic.

I'm puzzled as to why they would not want a copy of a persons current visa or did I somehow miss that part ?
For house name I just put "house".

Phum number I had no idea, but being about 100m from the Sangkat office I chose 1 and hoped for the best.

And agree about the visa part, surprised it didn't require that.
Once you filled in details you still have to scroll down to whete your details are click it and check in.it will then ask to rescan passport then it asks for visa number and visa expiry.
I have set up 5 other people for my landlord and all of them had to put visa details in.
Last edited by Soriya on Tue May 05, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:13 am
fazur wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:10 am when is the deadline?
The Interior Ministry’s General Department of Immigration said today that it will not issue visa extension for foreigners who failed to be register in Foreigners Present in Cambodia System by July.
You guy are kinda nuts. Don’t worry , be happy

Checked with my travel agent about registering. He laughed about it..
Said don't worry about it... not gonna enforce.. mostly to get rid of Vietnamese
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Soriya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:24 am
beaker wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:41 pm The only tricky part for me was the - house name - as it is just a rental house without a name like a guesthouse would have. I just entered the house number and street. Other than that it was self explainitory and simple to use.

Usually the police come to the house and fill out paperwork and take copy of passport and face pic.

I'm puzzled as to why they would not want a copy of a persons current visa or did I somehow miss that part ?

Phum number I had no idea, but being about 100m from the Sangkat office I chose 1 and hoped for the best.

Once you filled in details you still have to scroll down to whete your details are click it and check in.it will the ask to rescan pasdport then it asks for visa number and visa expiry.
I have set up 5 other people for my landlord and all of them had to put visa details in.
Yes, the thing is very much self explanatory. Don’t know why it’s being debated so much here. I doubt it matters if your address isn’t 100% correct. At the end you just need to be registered.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

Of course expats who fly in and out are used to the routine that has finger printing, picture taking, arrival form, and stamp..the departure portion stapled in the passport.
This new system is nothing to shit your pants over.
In Kampot, my house was a few blocks from the Provincial police HQ and neighbors were police and my landlord was retired police..He got a copy of my passport and filed the proper paperwork in person.
That was in 2018.
There are a lot of Vietnamese in Cambodia illegally and this will force landlords to obey the law.
But, I am certainly going to make sure my new landlord is registered and I am on the list.
I tried to explain this to my Khmer wife to translate for me and it confused her.
So, I am going to have to find the website and get my landlord and wife together...it should not be an issue.
My renewel is in August ....and I want it to go smooth.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Soriya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:21 am

I had to put my visa details in once you check in
Yes I stand corrected, I entered the details, but was surprised it didn't just get me to take a pic of that.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

Once you filled in details you still have to scroll down to whete your details are click it and check in.it will then ask to rescan passport then it asks for visa number and visa expiry.
I didn't scroll down to click details when I log in I don't see that option either. I do have the 'foreigner staying report' which shows options:
Staying - with 'from date' - and 'to date'
or
Foreigner - with 'from date' - and 'to date'

Would that be where I might add my visa scan ? and Which would I use Staying or Foreigner (I'm on a retirement visa and have been here for 12 yrs) ?

Has anyone filled out those options ? I haven't because I'm leery that I may be signing myself up to leave the country.

EDIT - I just entered my visa information by clicking in 'Check in' then rescanning my passport page then click on 'Extended' where I was able to enter my Visa experiration date and the Visa number but I'm not sure if that is the proper way to do it.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

beaker wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:03 pm

I didn't scroll down to click details when I log in I don't see that option either. I do have the 'foreigner staying report' which shows options:
or

Would that be where I might add my visa scan ? and Which would I use Staying or Foreigner (I'm on a retirement visa and have been here for 12 yrs) ?

Has anyone filled out those options ? I haven't because I'm leery that I may be signing myself up to leave the country.

EDIT - I just entered my visa information by clicking in 'Check in' then rescanning my passport page then click on 'Extended' where I was able to enter my Visa experiration date and the Visa number but I'm not sure if that is the proper way to do it.
Sounds like the same way i did it.i had to rescan passport and add visa details
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

beaker wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:03 pm

or

If i cluck on my name it looks like that
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

so will you have to register and scan your passport every time you stay in a hotel?

monstra mihi bona!
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:57 pm so will you have to register and scan your passport every time you stay in a hotel?
The hotel should do it for you
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic