Do people return terrible food here?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Do people return terrible food here?

Post by Electric Earth »

We got some delivery and one of the dishes is just Terrible. It's inedible. Three people tried it, three people gagged. It's mac&cheese that tastes like they left the cheese in the bottom of the wet fridge for a month, and maybe a hint of soapy flavor to it too. We've gotten this dish before and it was good, so I don't think it's just that the chef has a disgusting palette.

Would you take the food back to the restaurant for a replacement dish, or is that an American thing?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Do people return terrible food here?

Post by John Bingham »

It's a bit of effort with a delivery but you should at least call them up, maybe send them a picture and see if they'll give you credit or something? It's not just an American thing, if something you paid for is shit you should complain. I wouldn't complain as much in Khmer restaurants as they like bones and sinews and stuff I don't. I got a quite good salad in a nicer local place a while back. When I asked for some dressing they gave me a bowl of ketchup. I complained so they gave me some ketchup mixed with that fake mayonnaise. I gave up then.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: Do people return terrible food here?

Post by truffledog »

I once ordered a fruit salad for breakfast and it came with a nice topping that looked like yoghurt. First bite and I found out it was that horrible white mayo-whatever cream. When I complained the waiter said: "Fruit salad same salad have majonese". I gave up and ordered toast and 2 fried eggs. I paid for the fruit salad too. Never went back since.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic