Swiss Expat Markus Zahner Dies Following Dispute Over Dog Fight with Khmer-American

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Swiss Expat Markus Zahner Dies Following Dispute Over Dog Fight with Khmer-American

Post by Marty »

Why does it matter what the girls involvement is? Clearly a case of murder or manslaughter.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Swiss Expat Markus Zahner Dies Following Dispute Over Dog Fight with Khmer-American

Post by fazur »

BR549 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:53 pmThe berieved widow looks hot enough to find a new husband.
classy. :?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

BR549 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:53 pm He should of had his dog on a leash and under control....
The dead man should of gotten his ass and his dog tbe fuck down the road..
THUG LIFE and his need for street cred...it ain't nothin but a thing man..
I feel for both of these guys..
The berieved widow looks hot enough to find a new husband.
You don't even need to hit someone for them to hit their head on the fucking concrete and die...

One reason there is the new helmet fine for moto riders...
Crazy assed hate spews out ....mob justice...prison rape wishes...immediate execution...
Funny as fuck...
Insensitive remarks..take a day off
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

The young 20 something who just happened to marry a frail OAP & will now get everything he owned begging for more money from others doesn't sit right with me.

RIP to him.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

LIVIDZX wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:32 am The young 20 something who just happened to marry a frail OAP & will now get everything he owned begging for more money from others doesn't sit right with me.

RIP to him.
How do you know he has anything?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PHofer
BANNED
Switzerland

Post by PHofer »

They can not yet marry, she should get nothing.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 am Are you trying to say "prostitute", Frazzle?
I hope not, because to imply that would earn you more than an argument from the many expats who's wives did not come out of a brothel or a girlie bar.
And i would be first in line.
I cannot even tell you how often I've encountered expats who made the effort to tell me how they met their respectable wife (often unprompted), only for the true story to emerge a few weeks or months later. Personally, I couldn't care less, but I'm suspicious of defensive behavior.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

PHofer wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:51 am They can not yet marry, she should get nothing.
She refers to him as her husband in the photos? I guess Khmers do use husband/wife prematurely here a lot.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:08 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 am
frizzie77 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:37 pm
I really have to restrain myself from making comments that would get me an immediate ban.

So, just this: why in the world would we support a widow of a slain Westerner, and not, say, any other Cambodian widow with a slain husband in this country?
Because he's a Westerner?
Because she's a .... (restraining myself here)?
Are you trying to say "prostitute", Frazzle?
I hope not, because to imply that would earn you more than an argument from the many expats who's wives did not come out of a brothel or a girlie bar.
And i would be first in line.

If not, what are you trying to imply?
Yeah, valid point. @frizzie77 what did you mean by that remark?
Strange that one would think of that word, I honestly didn't when I wrote it.
Look at the question I asked why we should support the widow of a slain foreigner, followed up by "because" questions.

You may add any word on the points yourself, but I was thinking more along the lines of 'gold digger'.
Unless of course you believe that a 20-something is engaged or married or whatever to a 67 year old out of 'love'.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

LIVIDZX wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:32 am The young 20 something who just happened to marry a frail OAP & will now get everything he owned begging for more money from others doesn't sit right with me.

RIP to him.
tbh I was more concerned somebody was killed, and not gloating over the khmer guy's situation either. obviously an stupid accident
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic