When To Book Flights To Thailand?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
MikeD
Expatriate
United States of America

When To Book Flights To Thailand?

Post by MikeD »

I am planning on a trip to Thailand and beyond for a little break from my busy work schedule. Would it be too soon to book flight tickets for Nov/Dec 2020? Do you expect COVID19 situation will be much better by then and there will be plenty of things to do and places to visit, including popular bars, hotels, and restaurants? Is anyone having similar plans for 2020 or they would wait until 2021?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: When To Book Flights To Thailand?

Post by hunter8 »

Nov/Dec 2020 should be about right. Can’t see it all banned longer than that.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

MikeD wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:29 pm I am planning on a trip to Thailand and beyond for a little break from my busy work schedule. Would it be too soon to book flight tickets for Nov/Dec 2020? Do you expect COVID19 situation will be much better by then and there will be plenty of things to do and places to visit, including popular bars, hotels, and restaurants? Is anyone having similar plans for 2020 or they would wait until 2021?
this as of 17 April 2020:

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/thailan ... ws-1372615

"An Emergency Decree is also currently in force in Thailand. All foreign nationals are barred from entering or transiting Thailand except in certain limited circumstances. If you do not meet these criteria you should not try to enter or transit Thailand."

nobody knows what will happen even next month. 3rd world countries follow western countries like little well trained poodles
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Current ban in effect thru end of may
i expect commercial flights coming in /out by end of june/ mid july
any longer than that, you will have a popular revolt on ur hands

BUT, i would not be booking any flights for nov now, as zero reason to
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
MikeD
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeD »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:55 pm Current ban in effect thru end of may

Zero readon to? Well, Nov is quite a while from now. I heard in the news today that C19 will infect up to 60% of the global population before the heard immunity will overcome it.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

MikeD wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:17 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:55 pm Current ban in effect thru end of may

Zero readon to? Well, Nov is quite a while from now. I heard in the news today that C19 will infect up to 60% of the global population before the heard immunity will overcome it.
Why buy the ticket now and spend you money with the risk of ending up with a coupon when there's months left to evaluate the situation and decide in the future?
MikeD
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeD »

Kammekor wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 am

Why buy the ticket now and spend you money with the risk of ending up with a coupon when there's months left to evaluate the situation and decide in the future?
Prices may go up if i wait til June or July. Right now I can book for mid/late Dec for cheap and the dates can be changed without fees.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Really hard to say considering this has been changing on a daily basis... I'm not expecting international travel to stabilize until next year.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

MikeD wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:20 am

Prices may go up if i wait til June or July. Right now I can book for mid/late Dec for cheap and the dates can be changed without fees.
than again prices might go down as they will be desperate for people to come
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

MikeD wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:20 am

In that case, book. The airline will be eager to receive your cash.

About the change of dates.... Looks fancy, but pretty useless under current conditions.

One more thing to consider, in December there will be less airlines than there are airlines offering flights now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic