The Bassac boats (For Sale?)

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
BenCT
Tourist
Vietnam

The Bassac boats (For Sale?)

Post by BenCT »

I am happy i stumble upon this forum.

I am operating river tours in the Mekong delta, in Vietnam, and with the current situation, with Vietnam largely exempt from infection by the Covid19, the tourism authorities here are talking of only reopening to tourism at the end of the year.

No way we can endure until then without shedding some weight. As someone rightfully mentioned cost of maintaining a boat is high, with the crew and all. So even if it is a bad time to sell, I am looking to sell my smaller boat. And typically not in Vietnam as all operators here are facing the same odds.

It is a river-going 80 footer with 6 cabins with en-suite, all wood, full comfort for overnight cruises, and a full-size galley and crew's quarters in the hull. We have been operating it for 16 years in Vietnam, and it helped us set the reference for overnight discovery cruises here on the Mekong delta. See http://transmekong.com/Bassac/en_2_the_ships#Bassac1 . It has been in operation until this March and is in perfect working order. It is tuned for short trips, 48h, even though we have had charters for up to a week.

I cannot hope to keep all 3 boats if we have no work until the end of the year.

I would welcome your input. How would you go about selling this boat? Would anyone know a potential buyer? I would be happy to talk.

thanks
Benoît
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: The Bassac boats (For Sale?)

Post by Duncan »

Strip the guts out of it and change to carrying cargo. Having a customer at the start of your trip and at the end of your trip, beats having moaning complaining customers all the way through your trip.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
BenCT
Tourist
Vietnam

80 footer cruise boats -- For Sale

Post by BenCT »

As much as I may agree, Duncan, it is a very different business and I for one have some success with this one.
So...

This boat started our business in 2004. It proved the concept of overnight discovery cruises and kick-started this market in the Mekong delta in Vietnam. It has been exploited successfully with individual passengers and groups since then. It was built as a load-carrying barge, has been converted right away into a cabin cruiser and has been maintained properly over the years.

See the official page: http://transmekong.com/Opportunities/en_0_boat_for_sale
And here are pictures of the boat: https://mekong-delta.smugmug.com/Boats/ ... -for-sale/

This boat is in operations and is sold ready to sail.

Take care,
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

very nice!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Aye, Aye Captain ,

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

nice boat, good luck with the sale
Tim Smith
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Tim Smith »

I’m looking for a similar type boat as a live aboard. What are the details?
imheathan
Tim Smith
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Tim Smith »

BenCT wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:33 pm I am happy i stumble upon this forum.

I am operating river tours in the Mekong delta, in Vietnam, and with the current situation, with Vietnam largely exempt from infection by the Covid19, the tourism authorities here are talking of only reopening to tourism at the end of the year.

No way we can endure until then without shedding some weight. As someone rightfully mentioned cost of maintaining a boat is high, with the crew and all. So even if it is a bad time to sell, I am looking to sell my smaller boat. And typically not in Vietnam as all operators here are facing the same odds.

It is a river-going 80 footer with 6 cabins with en-suite, all wood, full comfort for overnight cruises, and a full-size galley and crew's quarters in the hull. We have been operating it for 16 years in Vietnam, and it helped us set the reference for overnight discovery cruises here on the Mekong delta. See http://transmekong.com/Bassac/en_2_the_ships#Bassac1 . It has been in operation until this March and is in perfect working order. It is tuned for short trips, 48h, even though we have had charters for up to a week.

I would welcome your input. How would you go about selling this boat? Would anyone know a potential buyer? I would be happy to talk.

thanks
Benoît
Have you had any luck selling your boat. ?
imheathan
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Tim Smith wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:44 pm
BenCT wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:33 pm I am happy i stumble upon this forum.

thanks
Benoît
Have you had any luck selling your boat. ?
Might have better luck trying to contact him via the website in the link.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have a Khmer friend who worked on such a tour boat for years (not this company). You could definitely say he and his wife plus two children were very comfortable. Then the pandemic arrived, they sold the house in Phnom Penh to pay money owed, back to the bank. Now the family are homeless and penniless hoping to catch fish on the Mekong so they may eat.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic