Perth Streets 2

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Perth Streets 2

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Getting back to SEA is probably still a few months away so I'm stuck with the home town for the photography fix. I find Perth lacking in colour and character which makes the prospect of being here for a while rather frustrating - but I guess I'm not the only one fed up with being restricted in their pursuits.

Click on photos for better viewing. Or not.

Early start hoping to find something during golden hour. I didn't check the train times, and what with it being a public holiday, I had more than an hour to wait for the first train into the city.

It was a smokey morning so getting up for those first few hours of good light was a bit in vain. The haze did give some scenes a monotone-ish wash to the skies so searching out something that was helped by the smoke helped a bit.

Waiting for the train I took a walk and found a barber window.

This is Tye, he just got out of jail and is looking forward to going back, he said. From the Gold Coast he was locked up the first time at age fourteen and has now become institutionalised. He said he was surprised I stopped to talk and take a photo as everyone gives him a wide birth because of his appearance. I've approached a lot of inked, old-school cons and they've all been happy to chat and have a laugh.

I knew the city would be quiet but I didn't expect it to be almost deserted. The majority of folks about were the homeless who have just recently been reduced to living on the streets again after the government put them up for a few weeks in hotels during the height of the C-19 crisis. Australia has acted swiftly and restrictions have been loosened as of today - groups of ten people are now allowed to gather.

BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Perth Streets 2

Post by BigDee »

great pics, lol tye is a clasic nutter.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

WineOxley
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by WineOxley »

yer got some good photos there. keep em coming
Lands and cities are left astern,your faults will follow you whithersoever you travel.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I like the 2 close up more contrasty portraits KFH 👌.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic