MARK ASPINALL Arrested after Pulling Out Gun over Drink Bill in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Westerner Arrested after Pulling Out Gun over Drink Bill in Phnom Penh

Post by WildA »

Marty wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 am Whats the name and wheres he from? Another Floridian?
Hes not American I reckon.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:06 pm We are polar opposites in almost every way but we still get on, and i do wish him well.
Not much we can do to help that his buddies cant, they are in a totally different class to any of us.
I reckon he will probably be back - and without so much as a blush.
It doesn't say he pointed the gun or brandished the gun. Does he always pack heat and the gun just dropped out of his pants when drunk?
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:15 pm It doesn't say he pointed the gun or brandished the gun. Does he always pack heat and the gun just dropped out of his pants when drunk?
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:54 am He left the bar and later returned with the money and pointed a gun at people there.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

WildA wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:14 pm
Marty wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 am Whats the name and wheres he from? Another Floridian?
Hes not American I reckon.
Shocking isn't it?

All western fuck-ups don't have to be Yanks......amazing eh? Wrap your head around that.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

End of my street outside thada mart
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Marty wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 am Whats the name and wheres he from?
No. We won't out a member on here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:36 pm
Marty wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 am Whats the name and wheres he from?
No. We won't out a member on here.
NB, to self and other members
Do not post photographs of yourself on CEO if you don't want to get yourself fingered so easily.

But i agree with you Clutch - generally.
Do you reckon some of us are sailing a bit close to the wind with our posts? ^^
sincere question.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

why did he have to go back for the gun?
i thought he said he always carried one
anyway, good luck, though i think he has a get-out-jail card anyway

monstra mihi bona!
Pedroviera
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Pedroviera »

Phnom Poon wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:50 pm why did he have to go back for the gun?
i thought he said he always carried one
anyway, good luck, though i think he has a get-out-jail card anyway
The man has reached out to others struggling or in need many many times. Good hearted and positive Mojo all the way around on this forum . God knows details with local reporting skills said incident... Maybe he stops for nightcap and different staff, location, ect. A place where he's not regular... Payment issue ( left money at home) and goes home grabs cash, regrets chaos before, whatever. Probably surprised the sheet out of owner/staff first white guy ever Came Back to pay the bill. Gets heated cuz they mad at him and scuffle and they see gun (he usually has anyways? )... Or things get weird and he pulls it out in self defense.... No way I believe article as written like he a stone cold criminal. I predict hell update the forum eventually.... He went back to pay speaks volumes about the whole incident even if he (might have? ) got a little owly before. Godspeed to a good man
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:04 pm Can Westerners be named here when they are photographed in the press acting like twats?

"I know that guy . . . here's his FB/LinkedIn page" is a pretty common response to news stories involving foreigners. Is that not allowed if the guy acting like a twat also posts on CEO?
And more so when the poster voluntarily posted his details. Which, by the way, a simple forum search revealed.
I wondered a few days ago where he had gone and, actually, put it down to his superiors maybe finding out about his posts or he had refrained from posting in case they heard about his posts.

My Mrs would hate it if I posted details about her work and who she works with because she said they don’t trust foreigners and more explicitly they don’t trust them to keep quiet about the money being made.
Locked Previous topicNext topic