KIDS - a handy selection of cool stuff to watch

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

KIDS - a handy selection of cool stuff to watch

Post by Ghostwriter »

We have many threads, but how come there is nothing for kids ?
Ooooh it's an adult forum ?
But i believe some of you did reproduce, therefore you might need to entertain your précious little one(s) while being busy doing something else ?
Please share your cool stuff here. Old, new, whatever you think is entertaining and not too dumb.

Is it worth starting such a thread ? Time will tell.

I would start international without language restriction, therefore without language at all might be the best, but up to you...bring your best.

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: KIDS - a handy selection of cool stuff to watch

Post by pissontheroof »

Maybe also any idea foR a wife to watch . The kids waste every minute on the junk t.v.
I can’t even operate it but the wife plays the stupid stuff for the kids and watches stupider stuff herself .
Doesn’t cambodia have an educational channel like sesame street ? I always want to ask .
She watches movies and sing a song , she is illiterate and can’t search , just whatever pops up
Nothing ever serious or news related , we don’t have an antenna hooked to it , it’s an internet t.v.

Any ideas for wife’s ? And of course kids too ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I work in a preschool with students that have disabilities and these are great. The "minuscule" video was shown to me by a coworker. Really engaging visually.
I think most of the people here enjoy making kids.. lol
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

You're welcome. All kids are welcome. I'm a 7 years old with 40 years of experience.
It's fun to spend an hour or two showing stuff like this to kids, when they're stuck at bed. Best targets are small hospital units in the countryside, because they have little access to internet, and their parents don't always know about these.
It's much more entertaining for them than the local soap episodes.
So...if you have time and access to these places, someone will rejoice seiing you coming with your laptop.
Just don't forget your mask, and permission of the adults working there. Just sayin'.

La linea : 56 episodes in total. Old stuff, genius concept.

Pixar short movies

Fireworks are cool too
[media] [/media]
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The Wallace and Gommit films seem popular..

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:27 am Maybe also any idea foR a wife to watch . The kids waste every minute on the junk t.v.
I can’t even operate it but the wife plays the stupid stuff for the kids and watches stupider stuff herself .
Doesn’t cambodia have an educational channel like sesame street ? I always want to ask .
She watches movies and sing a song , she is illiterate and can’t search , just whatever pops up
Nothing ever serious or news related , we don’t have an antenna hooked to it , it’s an internet t.v.

That would mean another thread more education-oriented. Which is a good idea....but i know less about this segment...didn't you find anything on youtube with specific keywords ?
I found this :[media] [/media]
I don't speak Khmer, but there is a bunch of these...
In order to make your wife literate, you have to push yourself first, orherwise....took me 2 mn to find it with "educational videos in khmer"...It's really up to you to make them progress.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

My daughter is really enjoying the Studio Ghibli films at the moment. This is a lovely compilation from them.

pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

[/quote]

That would mean another thread more education-oriented. Which is a good idea....but i know less about this segment...didn't you find anything on youtube with specific keywords ?
In order to make your wife literate, you have to push yourself first, orherwise....took me 2 mn to find it with "educational videos in khmer"...It's really up to you to make them progress.
[/quote]

The .. minuscule was intresting for an hour but I can’t put that on all the time
Some cartoons are ok , but not on an endless loop !
I know they shouldn’t be on t.v. But no have babysitter , has toys but prefer empty milk jugs , plastic stools
and other junk to play with or fight over the same toy when have other similiar to chose -
other probly normal things - but nothing an open school can’t remedy

I can’t speak khmer either
She is too lazy ,she don’t speak or understand me - or able to even search because she can’t spell in any language
So she’ll have to motivate herself ... unless i come up with something and perk her up .
I found the same as you did , I think there should be a site here i can’t find but probly not .
. I don’t think there is dedication to special education here
and there should be a channel for uneducated moms to get some tips on that and simple home economics when moving from a slum or a rural setting then into a city for whatever reason . Not to throw old rice down the sink drain , hygiene
Should wash the dishes with thier own cleaning pad than the same one for everything etc
It’s why i eat separate .. at least I got them their own water bottles so they ain’t all sucking the same nasty mouth hole of anyone anywhere ,, jeeeeezzusss.
I been kicked out of school here because i am “ thai “. I am too old like a dog & can’t learn it here
It’s not good for me in thailand , because i know too much and they can’t do their talkin behind my back
here i’m totally in the dark and definatly AM the bad guy here for my “ weird” discipline and trying to separate brothers for some alone time if one is like a housefly and the other likes to play alone . but

I just can’t get my mind or mouth around this language for much of anything - and I am being used .
and now the current situation with no school open really confirms god dont exist or at least the missionaries should be open
But I digress , some times i wish I was in the same boat as ___ whatshisname. RiP.
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:25 pm .

[/quote]

The .. minuscule was intresting for an hour but I can’t put that on all the time
Some cartoons are ok , but not on an endless loop !
Yeah it wasn't meant like 24/7

But no have babysitter , has toys but prefer empty milk jugs , plastic stools
and other junk to play with or fight over the same toy when have other similiar to chose -
other probly normal things - but nothing an open school can’t remedy

You could play with him outside ? Ball, hide and seek, whatever ??

I can’t speak khmer either

So you have no langage in common with your wife ? Did you try learning Khmer already ?

She is too lazy ,she don’t speak or understand me - or able to even search because she can’t spell in any language
Why can't you make the first move ?

So she’ll have to motivate herself ... unless i come up with something and perk her up .

I found the same as you did , I think there should be a site here i can’t find but probly not .
. I don’t think there is dedication to special education here
Ask around, forums, schools, students...

and there should be a channel for uneducated moms to get some tips on that and simple home economics when moving from a slum or a rural setting then into a city for whatever reason . Not to throw old rice down the sink drain , hygiene
Good idea, start it with your phone on facebook, why not ?

Should wash the dishes with thier own cleaning pad than the same one for everything etc
It’s why i eat separate ..
WTF man ?Eeeww

at least I got them their own water bottles so they ain’t all sucking the same nasty mouth hole of anyone anywhere ,, jeeeeezzusss.

I been kicked out of school here because i am “ thai “
What
. I am too old like a dog & can’t learn it here
It’s not good for me in thailand , because i know too much
About what ?
and they can’t do their talkin behind my back
here i’m totally in the dark and definatly AM the bad guy here for my “ weird” discipline and trying to separate brothers for some alone time if one is like a housefly and the other likes to play alone

. but i just can’t get my mind or mouth around this language for much of anything - and I am being used .
and now the current situation with no school open really confirms god dont exist
can't argue with that

or at least the missionaries should be open
But I digress , some times i wish I was in the same boat as ___ whatshisname. RiP.
[/quote]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic