Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by Ryan754326 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:31 am Image

Can anyone here post a link to a video or transcript of the full press conference? I watched a few snippets from
The usual big media outlets, and I must have missed the part where Trump actually suggested injecting anything into one’s body.
Asking a doctor or scientist whether there might be a possible way of introducing a “disinfectant” into the lungs is not the same as telling people to shoot themselves up with Dettol. “Inject” was not the best choice of words to convey his question, but anyone who hears that, and assumes that is what he is suggesting, has no right to pick on Trump’s level of intelligence. The fact that manufacturers of cleaning products are now doing a media campaign to warn their customers against doing so is even more pathetic.

I’ll end this comment with my usual disclaimer that I am neither an American, or a fan of Trump, but the media sure do a bang-up job of turning a simple misstep in words into an international story; highlighting the President’s desperation, and willingness to suggest any crack-pot idea to try to make this better. That’s all I see here, anyway.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:30 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:31 am Image

Can anyone here post a link to a video or transcript of the full press conference? I watched a few snippets from
The usual big media outlets, and I must have missed the part where Trump actually suggested injecting anything into one’s body.
Asking a doctor or scientist whether there might be a possible way of introducing a “disinfectant” into the lungs is not the same as telling people to shoot themselves up with Dettol. “Inject” was not the best choice of words to convey his question, but anyone who hears that, and assumes that is what he is suggesting, has no right to pick on Trump’s level of intelligence. The fact that manufacturers of cleaning products are now doing a media campaign to warn their customers against doing so is even more pathetic.

I’ll end this comment with my usual disclaimer that I am neither an American, or a fan of Trump, but the media sure do a bang-up job of turning a simple misstep in words into an international story; highlighting the President’s desperation, and willingness to suggest any crack-pot idea to try to make this better. That’s all I see here, anyway.
From the transcript on the Whitehouse site
"THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning"
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... iefing-31/
Video here:

Fact check on whether he was being "sarcastic"
Spoiler:
he wasn't
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/politics ... index.html
up to you...
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

What's everyone opinion on how contained the virus is in the KOW? Official stats tell us there hasn't been a new case since April 10th, which was 15 days ago. Considering there's a 14 day incubation period and the borders are relitively closed - and assuming that those who are coming in are being properly screened - would it be safe to say that it appears to be pretty much contained for now?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

No testing, no cases.

Everyone probably has low dose exposure to the virus. Since most places in the Kingdom of Wonder are open air, the virus can’t super concentrate into lethal levels.

At least that’s my opinion. The difference between New York City and Phnom Penh in terms of severity.
lucathenomad
Expatriate
Italy

Post by lucathenomad »

Hi all, sorry to bother but was looking for the official 'prahka' regarding the waiving for visa overstay penalties. :?:
Saw it on the site a couple weeks ago but cannot find it at moment.
Thanks
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:30 pm No testing, no cases
But noticeably stretched medical care and much more funerals.

I can not confirm That’s the case in the KoW. At least it’s not the case in the part of the KoW where I live. It seems there really are few (noticeable?) cases here.

The guy living opposite my house works for a private cremation service and business has been extremely slow for him. In fact so slow he changed jobs and now keeps an eye on someone’s farm instead.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

A good, intelligent report on how Sweden has shunned the lock-em-down strategy and largely kept its social harmony humming without posting huge positive test numbers or deaths. Some fascinating stuff.

Sweden Shatters Lock-down Model As Curves Stay Flat, Population Found Exposed But Not Sick

Sweden, led by [health minister of Anders] Tegnell and his colleagues at FHM [health authority], went its own way, to the shock of the world, and created its own model to achieve national herd immunity. Moderate social distancing was advised (but not enforced) and the focus was on protecting the elderly. Businesses were advised to limit density of crowds, schools were not closed—life went on. It’s working.

“The curve is very flat, really since the beginning of April and that’s very good news,” Tegnell said. “It’s very good news, there’s no rise in cases in Stockholm, at all.”

This comes on the heels of 22 formidable doctors from Europe, opposing the engulfing Covid model and propaganda.

One of them, renowned German infectious disease expert Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi, called his government’s anti-Covid measures “grotesque, absurd and very dangerous. The life expectancy of millions is being shattered.” Referring to the impact on the world economy as “horrifying,” Bhakdi really did not mince words:

“All these measures are leading to self destruction and collective suicide based on nothing but a spook.”

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/23/sweden ... stay-flat/
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:30 pm No testing, no cases.
Take Singapore, 12 000 found cases, 12 deaths. As recent antibody tests reveal real infections are highly likely to have been 50x more. Now what? You have 12 deaths. Rate exactly like a flu. You do what with this information? The more you test the deeper the hole you dig for yourself to climb back from later to save face.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

lucathenomad wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:37 pm Hi all, sorry to bother but was looking for the official 'prahka' regarding the waiving for visa overstay penalties. :?:
Saw it on the site a couple weeks ago but cannot find it at moment.
Thanks
Try this >>> newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... sa#p408011
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

ExPenhMan wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm A good, intelligent report on how Sweden has shunned the lock-em-down strategy and largely kept its social harmony humming without posting huge positive test numbers or deaths. Some fascinating stuff.

Sweden Shatters Lock-down Model As Curves Stay Flat, Population Found Exposed But Not Sick

Sweden, led by [health minister of Anders] Tegnell and his colleagues at FHM [health authority], went its own way, to the shock of the world, and created its own model to achieve national herd immunity. Moderate social distancing was advised (but not enforced) and the focus was on protecting the elderly. Businesses were advised to limit density of crowds, schools were not closed—life went on. It’s working.

“The curve is very flat, really since the beginning of April and that’s very good news,” Tegnell said. “It’s very good news, there’s no rise in cases in Stockholm, at all.”

This comes on the heels of 22 formidable doctors from Europe, opposing the engulfing Covid model and propaganda.

One of them, renowned German infectious disease expert Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi, called his government’s anti-Covid measures “grotesque, absurd and very dangerous. The life expectancy of millions is being shattered.” Referring to the impact on the world economy as “horrifying,” Bhakdi really did not mince words:

“All these measures are leading to self destruction and collective suicide based on nothing but a spook.”
https://uncoverdc.com/2020/04/23/sweden ... stay-flat/
However, the source is not a news outlet. It's a right wing blog. Nothing wrong with that in itself, but their reports are not neutral, so take that into account when reading.
Tracy Beanz is an investigative journalist who places a strong focus on politics. While writing for UncoverDC, she has brought the intricate details of several major stories to light, including corruption between Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Andrew McCabe, who threatened the NY Office of the FBI during the Clinton Email investigation. Tracy was one of the first journalists to conduct an hour long face to face interview with George and Simona Papadopoulos the day after his release from prison, and is known for her unbiased in depth coverage of the spying scandal surrounding the candidacy of President Donald Trump, and beyond.

Tracy has also worked at a high level on several grassroots political campaigns, including Ron Paul’s Presidential run in 2012, and most recently, the campaign for Donald Trump for President in 2016.
Another snippet from the site's "news" source:
Yes, those in power are learning quite quickly how little difference there is between many Americans today and the German people of the 1930’s and 40’s. As Thomas Jefferson once said, “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?” Do enough of our fellow citizens preserve that spirit? Are we warning our rulers? We shall soon find out, but there are glimmers of revolution popping up around the country.
https://uncoverdc.com/team/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic