Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Alex wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:13 pm The Thai "visa amnesty" has been extended to July 31st. Quite generous!
Good news, I'm due for 90 dayer and annual extension in May so should get them done easily. Tried to register for the 90 day online app and it wouldn' even recognise my email address to get an initial password.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:32 am
Alex wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:13 pm The Thai "visa amnesty" has been extended to July 31st. Quite generous!
Good news, I'm due for 90 dayer and annual extension in May so should get them done easily. Tried to register for the 90 day online app and it wouldn' even recognise my email address to get an initial password.
1.i always do my 90 day reports online for the past 5 years, never any trouble,
2. tried to do my khmer gf's ths time ( she is on a L-A visa...has been accepted before) but was denied and they told me they need see her wp.
but as its due april25th,so its extended to july
3.if ur doing a 1 year renewal on ur extension there is NO EXTENSION. Extension amnesty only applies to those on visas, if ur here on a 1 year extension ( over 50, married, supporting child) must be done on time or u risk going on overstay and need start over. Immigration offices are open so everywhere.. ....

dont use the 90day APP, use ( use chrome)
https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

i just want the beaches open!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:55 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:32 am
1.i always do my 90 day reports online for the past 5 years, never any trouble,
2. tried to do my khmer gf's ths time ( she is on a L-A visa...has been accepted before) but was denied and they told me they need see her wp.
but as its due april25th,so its extended to july
3.if ur doing a 1 year renewal on ur extension there is NO EXTENSION. Extension amnesty only applies to those on visas, if ur here on a 1 year extension ( over 50, married, supporting child) must be done on time or u risk going on overstay and need start over. Immigration offices are open so everywhere.. ....

dont use the 90day APP, use ( use chrome)
https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90 ... 7Action.do

i just want the beaches open!!!
I dont't mind going to the office as per normal when there is no queue as is the situation now and until July, it's a breeze normally and I only live.a 5 minute walk away. Don't think I'll bother with a re-entry permit yet as I'm coming to the conclusion pushing back UK booked flights 6 months to a year if I can't get a refund may be the best option.

I'm just hoping I can buy some beers at the supermarkets for home consumption after April 30th, but I'm not so certain they won't extend total prohibition another month. Could be pressure from a couple of those 20 billionaires to relax the ban in turn for favours.

One thing is for sure the bans will be relaxed to fit in with the arrival of the Chinese masses at the latest, pretty sure that will be a significant factor in the decision making.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Foreigners (who are allowed temporary stay) can now stay in Thailand until 31 July 2020.‬
✅ You do not need to extend visa‬
✅ You do not need to do 90-day reporting‬
✅ You do not need to pay fees‬
✅ You do not need to submit documents‬
✅ Everything will be done for you automatically‬
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as the flights need be half full with only ever other seat occupied and as airlines wont want to operate at a loss.
how much will the seats be?
If provinces where tourist destinations are located start lifting their restrictions next month, then airlines will be allowed to resume domestic flight services but only under strict conditions.

Chula Sukmanop, director-general of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), said on Thursday (April 23) that he has met with representatives of both local and international airlines to discuss the option of allowing domestic flights to start operating from May 1.“Though the Covid-19 outbreak appears to be subsiding and carriers are preparing to resume operations, every airline is required to strictly follow every disease prevention rule,” he said. It is mandatory for airlines to observe the following rules once they resume services:

• The province of the destination should have eased restrictions.
• Passengers can only occupy every other seat.• Social distancing must be strictly observed at check-in counters and during embarking and disembarking.• No food or drink can be served on the flight.
• Special seats must be reserved for risky passengers for routes longer than 90 minutes.
• Crew members must wear masks, face shields and gloves.
• Passengers are required to always wear a mask.Passengers need to have their own mask and are not allowed to bring food on the plane. For flights that are longer than 90 minutes, airlines must reserve seats at the back of the plane for passengers who show symptoms of Covid-19, he said.

http://www.nationthailand.com/business/ ... l_referral
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Not Thailand, but one reaction from the typically no-nonsense boss of Ryanair regarding social distancing on flights.

Ryanair boss says airline won't fly with 'idiotic' social distancing rules

He doubled down on the comments on Wednesday, saying that if governments insisted on social distancing measures, then Ryanair’s business model would be in tatters and the carrier would not fly.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... cing-rules
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'm not bothered about food on a flight but you are supposed to keep hydrated so going without even a glass of water for say 1 hour for a domestic Thai flight seems over the top. If the cabin staff are wearing gloves is it really a big deal to give you a plastic bottle or sealed cup?

With the existing hassle of stringent security checks before you board now combined with these proposals, flying domestically really doesn't appeal regardless of the cost. I think I'll drive!!!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:53 pm as the flights need be half full with only ever other seat occupied and as airlines wont want to operate at a loss.
how much will the seats be?
If provinces where tourist destinations are located start lifting their restrictions next month, then airlines will be allowed to resume domestic flight services but only under strict conditions.

Chula Sukmanop, director-general of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), said on Thursday (April 23) that he has met with representatives of both local and international airlines to discuss the option of allowing domestic flights to start operating from May 1.“Though the Covid-19 outbreak appears to be subsiding and carriers are preparing to resume operations, every airline is required to strictly follow every disease prevention rule,” he said. It is mandatory for airlines to observe the following rules once they resume services:

• The province of the destination should have eased restrictions.
• Passengers can only occupy every other seat.• Social distancing must be strictly observed at check-in counters and during embarking and disembarking.• No food or drink can be served on the flight.
• Special seats must be reserved for risky passengers for routes longer than 90 minutes.
• Crew members must wear masks, face shields and gloves.
• Passengers are required to always wear a mask.Passengers need to have their own mask and are not allowed to bring food on the plane. For flights that are longer than 90 minutes, airlines must reserve seats at the back of the plane for passengers who show symptoms of Covid-19, he said.

http://www.nationthailand.com/business/ ... l_referral
I'm guessing by the legroom and customer profile that's the business class section. :D
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

ohh the stupid, it burns...

flying in a sealed aluminum tube with minimally filtered recirculated cabin air, and the cheap ass cloth masks are supposed to prevent what? to keep you from inhaling microscopic sized viruses that could be or probably are not airborne, and but can pass though said cloth mask like wind through a window screen. A rule to let you dehydrate inflight, which is more likely to get you sick than almost anything else... Every other seat seating, well joy there will be enough elbow room and seat room, ah, but at what will necessarily be double the cost per seat to make up for the passenger limit... brilliant govt work, again.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Sorted.......

Just leave the door open and fly below 10000 feet.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic