Those Living Cheaply Under a Grand

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: Those Living Cheaply Under a Grand

Post by flying chicken »

I usually smoke Luxury, on a lucky day maybe Melvin 7. On a really lucky day...dont know, havent gone that far yet.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Hotdigr, wow, what a change compared to your old K440 persona! Hopefully some others will follow your lead. And kudos to your lifestyle, you seem to have it sorted and live a happy life there. :beer3:
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

I'm lucky to get through a week at $1k. That's what having a significant other does. I just want to stay home and play my PS3 in my underwear, BUT NO!
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

thePeck wrote:I'm lucky to get through a week at $1k. That's what having a significant other does. I just want to stay home and play my PS3 in my underwear, BUT NO!
Sorry to hear about your PS3 got your deprived of things man. If you are happy to get rid of it, I'll be happy to pick it up.
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

flying chicken wrote:
thePeck wrote:I'm lucky to get through a week at $1k. That's what having a significant other does. I just want to stay home and play my PS3 in my underwear, BUT NO!
Sorry to hear about your PS3 got your deprived of things man. If you are happy to get rid of it, I'll be happy to pick it up.
Never! I dream of the day I can sit downstairs again in my underwear with the fan on and trying to not sweat.

But seriously maybe, dunno. Haven't played it in about 3 months. Have 2 1T drives of games. Not full but still got a few.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

'Depending on what games you got, I can help you out with the sweat-removing. Just make sure its Play Station and not play station. :D
dagenham
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by dagenham »

Hotdigr wrote:Dagenham, you are completely correct mate.I don't pay her a red cent, same as I wouldn't pay a girl in Oz to live with me. My girl works full time managing the music store down here and makes an extremely good wage. We live as a normal couple would in the west. If I'm short of cash, she happily pays, if she is short, I pay. Right now, after 12 months or so together, I think I owe her about $15! She also has never worked in a bar, so doesn't have that mentality. She only has one sibling, a brother who actually works and in a good job even by barang standards! And her mum owns a small farm in Prey Veng and is happily self sufficient. I have never and I repeat, never, been asked to give money to the family for sickness, dead buffalo's, relatives in jail or anything else. She doesn't pester me to buy her gold, clothes, take her on holidays over seas, take her out to dinner etc. She doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs and unlike any other Khmer girl I have met, she is not particularly sociable, as in she doesn't need to spend heaps of time with her friends and is quite happy to be at home with me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the luckiest man in the world. Who knows what the future holds? I'm just enjoying what I have now!
Aint never heard a story like that in nearly 20 years in SE Asia. She's obviously a keeper. And apparently you're a prince so there you go. Me? I'm still looking for a gorgeous young coffee-coloured maiden who will be with me for $1.00 a day...been looking for nearly 20 years now...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

Hotdigr wrote:Dagenham, you are completely correct mate.I don't pay her a red cent, same as I wouldn't pay a girl in Oz to live with me. My girl works full time managing the music store down here and makes an extremely good wage. We live as a normal couple would in the west. If I'm short of cash, she happily pays, if she is short, I pay. Right now, after 12 months or so together, I think I owe her about $15! She also has never worked in a bar, so doesn't have that mentality. She only has one sibling, a brother who actually works and in a good job even by barang standards! And her mum owns a small farm in Prey Veng and is happily self sufficient. I have never and I repeat, never, been asked to give money to the family for sickness, dead buffalo's, relatives in jail or anything else. She doesn't pester me to buy her gold, clothes, take her on holidays over seas, take her out to dinner etc. She doesn't drink, smoke or do drugs and unlike any other Khmer girl I have met, she is not particularly sociable, as in she doesn't need to spend heaps of time with her friends and is quite happy to be at home with me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm the luckiest man in the world. Who knows what the future holds? I'm just enjoying what I have now!
Good on you! Sounds like a great, healthy relationship. It's what you've both negotiated and it's working for you both. Enjoy!
Using Tapatalk
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

G'day Alex. Yeah, well, you have to learn and be willing to change (dare I say "grow up"lol) I s'pose. K440 was my first experience of a forum and at times I let people get under my skin when I shouldn't have. I learnt that, particularly after meeting one ugly bastard who I now consider a good mate, peoples on line persona can be quite different from their actual real life personality and some bloody good people come across as right twats and I'm sure on occasion the opposite is true too! Also the fact that I am so happy and contented now means I'm able to shrug stuff off that maybe would have got to me in the past.
Dags, I'm hardly a prince mate, but some where along the line I lucked out this time! But I'm not going to cruel it by trying to dissect the why's and wherefores too much, I'm just going to enjoy it while I have it ;)
Thanks Mrs. Stroppy, I appreciate the good wishes. Take care.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

Alex wrote:Hotdigr, wow, what a change compared to your old K440 persona! Hopefully some others will follow your lead. And kudos to your lifestyle, you seem to have it sorted and live a happy life there. :beer3:
Fuck, this was the only time I see the username Alex showing care to anybody.
Locked Previous topicNext topic