Crazy Muslim Party Where Everyone Gets Hacked

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Crazy Muslim Party Where Everyone Gets Hacked

Post by StroppyChops »

booffo wrote:And wearing a necklace with the figure of a dude nailed to some wood on it, ain't weird at all.
No, Christians find that weird too - we wear the cross that shows He's no longer on it. You might be thinking of Catholics. We also like doves, icthus fish and the Star of David as symbols.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
booffo
Tourist
Australia

Post by booffo »

StroppyChops wrote: No, Christians find that weird too - we wear the cross that shows He's no longer on it. You might be thinking of Catholics. We also like doves, icthus fish and the Star of David as symbols.

Are Catholics not Christian?
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

booffo wrote:
StroppyChops wrote: No, Christians find that weird too - we wear the cross that shows He's no longer on it. You might be thinking of Catholics. We also like doves, icthus fish and the Star of David as symbols.

Depends who you ask.

Many Catholics are devout Christians - many others are (exclusively) Mary-worshippers. Despite what the Roman Catholic church would say, it is not representative of the Christian world, and nor are 'Christian' and '(Roman) Catholic' automatically equal.

Yes, I've added the 'Roman' qualifier there, nobody would have read this in the catholic (lowercase c) context but best to clarify before the nitpicking starts.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

A lot of blues and R&B came out of the black church's in the US. Gospel and R&B go hand in hand. Any good music come out of Islam lately?
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

StroppyChops wrote:
booffo wrote:

Depends who you ask.

Many Catholics are devout Christians - many others are (exclusively) Mary-worshippers. Despite what the Roman Catholic church would say, it is not representative of the Christian world, and nor are 'Christian' and '(Roman) Catholic' automatically equal.

Yes, I've added the 'Roman' qualifier there, nobody would have read this in the catholic (lowercase c) context but best to clarify before the nitpicking starts.
I was bought up Catholic, later in life I actually read the King James Bible and was shocked and came to the realisation that all that Catholic nonsense just isn't in there. The few bits that do allude to them aren't all that complimentary.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Joker Poker wrote:I was bought up Catholic, later in life I actually read the King James Bible and was shocked and came to the realisation that all that Catholic nonsense just isn't in there. The few bits that do allude to them aren't all that complimentary.
There's a reason RC priests don't want you reading the Bible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic