Posters who taken away your Karma points

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Re: Posters who taken away your Karma points

Post by flying chicken »

Not siding with Jonno, but I appreciate he brings out the best of the online persona.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

General Mackevili wrote:Jonno has been banned for one week.

Please take this as a warning to everyone to cut this crap out (starting now would be appreciated).

Only he is getting banned because he has received numerous warnings.

Over and out.
Nice one general. Glad to see the mods are listening to concerns of the posters and taking them seriously.

To be honest I didn't mind his post but to be fair I never read them. I see his name at the top and automatically just scroll right on by.

Hopefully all the shit stirring will stop after this.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Nice one general. Glad to see the mods are listening to concerns of the posters and taking them seriously.

To be honest I didn't mind his post but to be fair I never read them.
Thanks. We're doing our best to run CEO efficiently and fair.

Karma is there for a reason.

It won't automatically get someone banned, but it will be taken into consideration when making decisions.

And I'm well aware that it will be impossible for everyone to agree with every banning decision we make, but please know that we're honestly trying to be as fair as possible.

We'll at least make bannings as transparent as possible so everyone will understand why we made the decision.

And just so everyone knows, the person who receives Karma gets a PM with your comment of why you gave or took away Karma from them.

Those comments are private, and for the RECEIVER only. Do not post about them.

If you think someone is abusing the Karma system please PM them directly OR PM Admin. We'll look into it.

If someone mentions about who gave/took away from them, we'll edit that post.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Mrs Stroppy »

General Mackevili wrote:Jonno has been banned for one week.

Please take this as a warning to everyone to cut this crap out (starting now would be appreciated).

Only he is getting banned because he has received numerous warnings.

Over and out.
Well done General. Personally I'm really enjoying CEO and I'm a newbie at this whole thing.
Using Tapatalk
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

well done.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

General Mackevili wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

It won't automatically get someone banned, but it will be taken into consideration when making decisions.

And I'm well aware that it will be impossible for everyone to agree with every banning decision we make, but please know that we're honestly trying to be as fair as possible.

We'll at least make bannings as transparent as possible so everyone will understand why we made the decision.

And just so everyone knows, the person who receives Karma gets a PM with your comment of why you gave or took away Karma from them.

Those comments are private, and for the RECEIVER only. Do not post about them.

If you think someone is abusing the Karma system please PM them directly OR PM Admin. We'll look into it.

If someone mentions about who gave/took away from them, we'll edit that post.
A quick clarification/correction here... we can't read the PMs (well, we don't... any forum owner CAN if they try hard enough... despite what some will tell you) but when we, as admins, click on a user's karma stats we DO see your "Karma messages".
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

General Mackevili wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:

Excellent approach and totally upfront, well done. I wish I had some money on Jonno to be the first to be banned before he started posting, it was pretty predictable so I don't suppose I'd have got great odds.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Well I for one do not want to see a bitch fight mentality on here, I rather enjoy it how it is and hope it remains but I have my views and others have theirs, and that is how it should be. There is, some of you might not be aware, an area where lawless bitching is not only rife but positively moderated.

It is not an open public area and can not be accessed via the main CEO forum menu. For those wishing to bitch, scratch and generally be offensive (who am I to judge) you need to access it through the secret 'Back-door' Simply type the 'access code' directly into your URL line or search box. Please be warned though, within is much prepubescent bitchiness

Good luck and in your own perverse, destructive way

:cry:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

Really, orange dragon should lose karma for us not being able to deduct it with tapatalk. I'd take some off him but then I'd need to sign in by browser. Fuck that. Too much effort...
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

I think the back-door route of entry is just to show it is not part of the ethos of CEO. This is course is my interpretation and does not, in any way reflect the opinion of CEO as a whole.
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic