US Expat Father is Go-Funding to Get Passports and Tickets for his Kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Expat Father is Go-Funding to Get Passports and Tickets for his Kids

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:07 am they wont get shit>>>
No, ImMiGraNts aRe GetTiNg eVeRyThInG fOr FrEe. EvErYboDy iS sTeAliNg NeW KiDs tAxEs!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

If the guy is enough of a fuckup to overstay his Visa and not able to save back in the States for their passports and flights, they're probably better off here with Mom or whatever than with him. Is it just me or 98% of Cambodian based GoFundMes from idiots who want bail outs? Could very well be a scam by a local, but I've seen enough Facebook posts on Cambodian groups to know that many native English speakers sadly enough actually do write like tha, so who knows...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

I see a bookshop in San Francisco, raised $485,541 to help prevent the shop closing permanently during covid shutdown. There are some pretty generous people out there.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/aeany-keep-c ... ooks-alive
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:12 am If the guy is enough of a fuckup to overstay his Visa and not able to save back in the States for their passports and flights, they're probably better off here with Mom or whatever than with him. Is it just me or 98% of Cambodian based GoFundMes from idiots who want bail outs? Could very well be a scam by a local, but I've seen enough Facebook posts on Cambodian groups to know that many native English speakers sadly enough actually do write like tha, so who knows...
Spot on :good:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

rexwell wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 am I see a bookshop in San Francisco, raised $485,541 to help prevent the shop closing permanently during covid shutdown. There are some pretty generous people out there.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/aeany-keep-c ... ooks-alive
:thumb:
one of the most famous bookshops in the state if not the country.
worked there back in 1973 for 6 months.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

There are so many things wrong with this I'm not even sure where to begin.

If the kids are American citizens, then they don't need a passport to fly to the USA. They only require an emergency travel document, and the US embassy is allowed to issue that for FREE.

If they are not American citizens, then Trump just closed all immigration to the USA for any reason. So they can't go there at the moment anyway.

I don't believe any of this story. Fund this scam if you want.
independencequarter
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by independencequarter »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:33 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:45 pm Image
The text reads very much like a native Khmer using English as a second language.

Or, of course, the dad may have a very low standard of writing skill.
Yeah, imagine that guy helping schools with his teaching. Also he thinks he is some kind of hero for doing it. Shady stuff.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Even if it is true, who cares anyway? You don't know them and the story is truly pathetic.

We all know people who are struggling right now and most are too proud to ask for anything. If you can, send $50 here and there to people you know and who need it right now. The magic of ABA E-cash.

If you run out of worthy causes then waste some money on the professional scroungers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic