Have any expats ever actually paid to have someone beaten up in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Have any expats ever actually paid to have someone beaten up in Cambodia?

Post by jubo2 »

where is it not possible to have somebody beater for money ?!
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

I'm in no way endorsing having someone beat up for money but I do know of some business owners in Phnom Penh that have cops on speed dial for the occasional trouble making Barang that needs "TALKING" to. In my experience some Barang that are badly addicted to drugs are very unpredictable and not worth confronting even if you know you could mop the floor with them, better to call the heavies and pay the fee.
Milk Drinker
Tourist
Brazil

Post by Milk Drinker »

Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 pm On the thread about the scamming Kenyan, someone suggested the option of paying to have him beaten up.

I've heard it commonly said that in Cambodia it's easy for an expat to pay to have someone beaten up.

Has it ever actually happened?

Has anyone here ever actually heard from any reliable source that a specific expat paid to have a specific person beaten up and that the beating then occurred?

What's the going rate to give someone a beat down?
It likely happens everywhere. Once i had a person who owed me money. I asked my friend who was a lawyer about how I should deal with it. He said the courts might not help me but he could give me the number of someone who might be able to persuade the person to pay up. I called him up and told him the situation and the guy said he will talk to the deadbeat and persuade him to pay up. Within a few days, I got a call and the deadbeat told him me he will be by later that day to give me the money that was owed. It is always handy to know someone who can do my dirty work for me.
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

Did the guy pay you back after you had someone call and threaten him with violence ? Or did he just say that he would pay up?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

He was threatened to be whacked with his peepee. He paid up.
talltuktuk
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by talltuktuk »

PIEMAN wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:06 am I wish that was true.If you have money you can buy anything in the KOW.
Except brains
Cambodia: where money can buy you absolutely anything except intelligence.
Kratom123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kratom123 »

:hattip:
Sweet Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:11 pm On the thread about the scamming Kenyan, someone suggested the option of paying to have him beaten up.

I've heard it commonly said that in Cambodia it's easy for an expat to pay to have someone beaten up.

Has anyone here ever actually heard from any reliable source that a specific expat paid to have a specific person beaten up and that the beating then occurred?

Give me 100 $ and address
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Plenty of out of work teachers looking for some part time work. Just ask around 51 or 172.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Kratom123 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:24 am :hattip:

Give me 100 $ and address
Come on bro, 25% now 75% after. :boxing:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic