Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

social distancing in Pattaya were they Que for food

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

yong wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Thailand is doing pretty well it seems, given the proximity to and connections with China.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:57 pm Thailand is doing pretty well it seems, given the proximity to and connections with China.
Unbelievably well I must say until most of us have doubts if this is true indeed. We hope its true.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

A 4 minhte video showing the situation in Jomtien this morning including the Rompho market sbown in Richard's earlier clip. I believe the owner of the market handed out a total of 500,000 baht, which worked at giving assistance to 2,500 people. Very generous.

Meanwhile the PM is asking the top 20 Thai billionaires to assist, will be interesting to see what trsnspires.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i know of 1 multi billionaire that doesn't give a fuck about the people

Giving out food is all well and good, (they do it daily here in Kamala as well)
but what happens next
Lifting the quarantine wont mean there will be any customers nor will the places that catered to the tourists be opening anytime soon.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:49 pm i know of 1 multi billionaire that doesn't give a fuck about the people

Giving out food is all well and good, (they do it daily here in Kamala as well)
but what happens next
Lifting the quarantine wont mean there will be any customers nor will the places that catered to the tourists be opening anytime soon.
Agreed there is no quick fix, the Chinese will assist as soon as they can which will only help the connected/vested interest tourist trail tacky venues and get the island boats running again.. The popular quality bar/restauarants supported by expat residents all year round will open as normal and have a low low season without the steady but reduced number of low season tourists. I'd imagine shopping mallls, retail outlets etc wil be deadly quiet for the rest of the year with the level of unemployment. 15-20% GDP tourist sector taking a massive hit and the negative muliplier effect feeding through to their customers. Grim, grim prospect.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:07 pmMeanwhile the PM is asking the top 20 Thai billionaires to assist, will be interesting to see what trsnspires.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Looks has the Thais have problems, has most of the world. But regarding Thailand would you say their problems are going to have next a knock on effect here in Cambodia?
Take care you expats over there.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:09 pm Looks has the Thais have problems, has most of the world. But regarding Thailand would you say their problems are going to have next a knock on effect here in Cambodia?
Take care you expats over there.
Slowing Thai economy, less construction so less migrant labour required from Cambodia and Myanmar. If the Chinese use the opportunity to swoop in on the cheap, I think there is already enougb surplus commercial and residential real estate to soak up demand especially with the likely closures in the coming year. The prospect of further Chinese takeover is a horrendous thought.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic