Cheap booze recomendations to help us through this tough time?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cheap booze recomendations to help us through this tough time?

Post by Electric Earth »

Just wanted to report that I found a place in SR to get Sir Edwards scotch for $6/liter. It's completely decent scotch. The place is right across the street from Psar Chas market - not the road along the river obviously, but the one on the other side of the market. They had some other cheap stuff there that may be of interest. Check it out. It's the cheapest place I've found so far in SR.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

A counter view
green green grass at home

peace love and hipness - to everybody locked down at home
or far far away from home
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

I've actually always kinda wanted to explore Elvis's music. I suppose this is a perfect time to get a couple albums.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
MacSkye
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by MacSkye »

Good thing about Teachers whisky, is that it contains a high malt whisky content, same as johnny walker, although the JW Black Label is better, Red label cheaper, but I would put Teachers over JW Red Label.

Most other blended whiskies have a higher grain content, as production of whisky from grain is cheaper. So if you are looking for a better quality of whisky, with more malt whiskies in the blend, than other blends, then I would stick with Teachers.

Saying that I do enjoy a Whyte and MacKay which has a relatively low malt whisky content in their whisky, most of it is grain, but just my personal taste. Never seen Whyte and MacKay over in Cambodia though
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic