Mandatory quarantine to be enforced for all entering Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mandatory quarantine to be enforced for all entering Cambodia

Post by God'sGift »

How about for Cambodians arriving from overseas - do they get to do quarantine as well?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Apexisto wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:34 pm
There was a reason to fly away from a country that cannot supply electricity for their common people on constant bases.
I haven't noticed any power cuts this year.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:37 pm
Apexisto wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:34 pm
There was a reason to fly away from a country that cannot supply electricity for their common people on constant bases.
I haven't noticed any power cuts this year.
That's because Cambodia almost doubled its electricity imports from Vietnam and Thailand (~16% in 2019 to a little over 30% this year).
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I shouldn't have posted that, had the first thunderstorm in about 6 months and now the power has gone out!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

God'sGift wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:07 pm How about for Cambodians arriving from overseas - do they get to do quarantine as well?
From what I understand, the Cambodian migrant workers returning home are a big concern to the health authorities, and I think that everyone arriving in Cambodia now is supposed to be quarantined or to self-isolate for 14 days. ( This is standard practice in most countries right now. Except for free countries like Sweden and Belarus :wink: , and maybe Turkmenistan.)

newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... ml#p411826
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm
God'sGift wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:07 pm How about for Cambodians arriving from overseas - do they get to do quarantine as well?
From what I understand, the Cambodian migrant workers returning home are a big concern to the health authorities, and I think that everyone arriving in Cambodia now is supposed to be quarantined or to self-isolate for 14 days. ( This is standard practice in most countries right now. Except for free countries like Sweden and Belarus :wink: , and maybe Turkmenistan.)

It was self isolate on the 7th according to Khmer Times. On the 8th it changed to official quarantine centres. It looks like they had a change of heart and didn't want all the returnees sodding of to their respective villages and infecting people.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm

It was self isolate on the 7th according to Khmer Times. On the 8th it changed to official quarantine centres. It looks like they had a change of heart and didn't want all the returnees sodding of to their respective villages and infecting people.
A few weeks ago 15,000 (later read to be 50,000) khmers working in Thailand returned across the border and were sent back to their respective provinces to be monitored there coz they didn't have the testing and quarantine facilities to handle such a large volume.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:58 pm I shouldn't have posted that, had the first thunderstorm in about 6 months and now the power has gone out!
An early rainy season this year?

'Hope so, for the poor flockers locked up in a small steamy room in April.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

April 14, 2020
Mandatory self-quarantine for returning migrant workers must continue: Sar Kheng
Minister of Interior Sar Kheng yesterday called on local authorities to continue imposing mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for all inbound passengers coming from abroad, particularly migrant workers returning from Thailand, in a bid to prevent further spread of the coronavirus.

Speaking at an event at the Interior Ministry yesterday, Mr Kheng said: “We must continue to strictly enforce the government’s preventive and containment measures. Local authorities should continue tracking people coming in from foreign countries, especially the migrant workers, and impose compulsory quarantine on them for 14 days.”

He noted the Kingdom has had zero COVID-19 deaths since the global pandemic began and must be kept as such.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50712801/m ... sar-kheng/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Keep to the subject not interested in anyones freedoms being taken away ,
I'm interested in the latest news for traveler returning to Cambodia, does anyone know where/what the 14 day quarantine is or is it self quarantine at your home?
I also read somewhere in all these Corona threads about needing medical cert and insurance on returning to Cambodia, I'm hoping to return June as looking at flights they seem to be taking booking and hopefully airports opening for transfers :beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic