Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Locked down in my small area for the next 13 days

Starting today, Phuket goes into a stringent ‘lockdown’ phase which will restrict travel between all sub-districts and districts around the island. An alcohol ban is also in place until further notice. That started on Saturday, April 11.

The new restriction are now in play until April 26. During this time, unless you have exceptional medical or emergency circumstances, or government exemptions, you won’t be allowed to travel from your district or sub-district. There are 17 of these sub-districts in Phuket.

From the notice from the Phuket governor last Friday, he clearly wants Phuketians and visitors to stay in their homes as much as possible. But you are permitted to move within your sub-district for the purpose of buying food and other essential items.

Happy Songkran
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

snip

I've always believed in the mantra of " It's the economy stupid" in terms of the Thai establishment being able to continue to control and run the country for their own benefit, I've a feeling this year is goin g to put that to the test like never before.
[/quote]

I follow the social media of ussa about this faux flu scam and there's quite a lot of talk about it being exactly that - a scam. word is spreading.

I wish I could read thai and was fluent in the language as so to find out what the thai people are saying. I suppose people are people most anywhere in the world and don't like having their freedoms and incomes trampled. How fast the thais 'wake up'? You're correct saying it's the economy. Employed Thais generally are paid monthly and have minimal savings. It's been close to one month to when the lock downs began here...

Yes, this could get messy.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am Locked down in my small area for the next 13 days

Starting today, Phuket goes into a stringent ‘lockdown’ phase which will restrict travel between all sub-districts and districts around the island. An alcohol ban is also in place until further notice. That started on Saturday, April 11.

The new restriction are now in play until April 26. During this time, unless you have exceptional medical or emergency circumstances, or government exemptions, you won’t be allowed to travel from your district or sub-district. There are 17 of these sub-districts in Phuket.

From the notice from the Phuket governor last Friday, he clearly wants Phuketians and visitors to stay in their homes as much as possible. But you are permitted to move within your sub-district for the purpose of buying food and other essential items.

Happy Songkran
Let's hope that's about as bad as it gets and it doesnt continue too long. Hard to see what else they can restrict?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am An alcohol ban is also in place until further notice. That started on Saturday, April 11.

Happy Songkran
I'm glad we were all given about 9hrs warning before the alcohol ban, during this 9hrs grace period I've updated my "beverages" stock from 1.5 months to 4 months, just in case :beer3:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

yong wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:13 am
phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:45 am An alcohol ban is also in place until further notice. That started on Saturday, April 11.

Happy Songkran
I'm glad we were all given about 9hrs warning before the alcohol ban, during this 9hrs grace period I've updated my "beverages" stock from 1.5 months to 4 months, just in case :beer3:
Solid planning Yong, I'm annoyed at myself for making a rookie error and low balling my order. Now reliant on the Governer " returning happiness to the people" on May 1st. :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

least we forget 10 years ago in Bangkok

Thais at Democracy Monument mourn those killed three days earlier, in the violence of April 10.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand travel restrictions

Post by Robins »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 pm This is the without a doubt the most incompetent government in Thailand I've experienced in my 25 years of visiting/living here. Just when you think it can't get any worse.
Thailand has to get rid of the military somehow. Maybe this will raise the public anger to sufficient level. They're not going to go easily. General Madman is just not too bright.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Robins wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:28 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 pm This is the without a doubt the most incompetent government in Thailand I've experienced in my 25 years of visiting/living here. Just when you think it can't get any worse.
Thailand has to get rid of the military somehow. Maybe this will raise the public anger to sufficient level. They're not going to go easily. General Madman is just not too bright.
Saw this car at the outer ring road 2 weeks ago :bow: driver really got balls

Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

yong wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:35 pm
Robins wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:28 am
Saw this car at the outer ring road 2 weeks ago :bow: driver really got balls

So the Thai King is the ''good guy ''
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic