Phnom Penh Phone Snatchings

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Teenagers Busted Snatching Chinese Phone
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On April 6, 2020, at 7:30 pm, criminal police arrested two teenage boys after they attempted to snatch a phone from a Chinese man who was a passenger in a PassApp tuk-tuk on street 63/288, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang, Phnom Penh.

The two suspects, identified as Chan Sokheng, 17 years old, and Ly Cheaman, 18 years old, failed to make off with the man's telephone. The police arrested the pair and confiscated their Scoopy motorbike. They will appear before the Phnom Penh municipal court.

Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Another phone snatching, in the same area of Phnom Penh a day later, has resulted in a woman's death.

Woman Dies After Phone Snatch Attack
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: A tragic accident occurred when a 23-year-old woman electronics worker was attacked in Boeung Keng Kang 3 by two unidentified men on a motorbike.
Witnesses said that the two attackers were aged about 20-22-years-old and were driving a black 125 Honda Dream, but they did not get the plate number.

The victim fell from her motorcycle and was badly injured. An ambulance was called to take the woman to Calmette Hospital, but unfortunately she died from her injuries

The body was handed over to the family for a ceremony at Toul Sangke Pagoda in Khan Russey Keo.
Very sad. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Phnom Penh Phone Snatchings

Post by rexwell »

I was walking along a quiet street in TTP the other day, and I was approached by a young man who offered me a phone. It looked like a new model, but I wasn't interested in buying either a stolen phone or maybe a Chinese copy. It may have been his property; I don't know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic