Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

checkpoints on Sukhumwit

The City of Pattaya will be locked down for 21 days starting from 9 April. There will be 6 checkpoints along Sukhumwit Road. The only people that can pass through the checkpoints are ones with a special ID. You can only enter if you live/work in Pattaya
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

as we head into a semi lockdown i wonder, where do we go from here

Phuket starting monday ( Songkhran) we go into a stay in ur own sub district and cant freely move to or thru another.
10-4 am curfew.

Pattaya locked down for today and many other places as well.

Visa amnesty for foreigners – but conditions apply

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
glennb6
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by glennb6 »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:52 am as we head into a semi lockdown i wonder, where do we go from here

Phuket starting monday ( Songkhran) we go into a stay in ur own sub district and cant freely move to or thru another.
10-4 am curfew.

Pattaya locked down for today and many other places as well.

Visa amnesty for foreigners – but conditions apply

I'm almost worried at speculating - don't even whisper bad ideas ya know? I'm thinking of having my bags packed and ready, but to where!? Sound like Cambo is close to same and they've closed the border. Same for Phil, Nam.

Don't know if you follow any of the news, both MSM and alt from the ussa, but there's more and more exposure of the flu scam as just that. and connections between so many govt officials, CDC, Gates, Soros, the hard left, it makes my head spin. Other day an official CDC doc was exposed as directing hospitals to classify almost any death that had flu symptoms as Covid - that would include cancer, heart disease, COPD, pneumonia, and others. False data to boost the death rate. False by moving deaths from other columns into the Covid column. %)
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I associate the term lockdown with a 24 hour curfew which is not what we residents are experiencing in Pattaya YET. They are not letting anyone who doesn't have a good reason come into the City but I'm not entirely sure who would want to anyway when the situation re hotel, bar, restaurant and entertainment closures is the same as everywhere else. Those of us living within town can go out and about if we want to within the prescribed City boundries but mask wearing is now compulsory.

In terms of good news I checked the situation at immigration this morning and thankfully it was all clear with the measures they signed off on yesterday together with the opening of another location specifically for Covid related extensions having an immediate positive impact. For that I am extremely relieved.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... 0#cxrecs_s

Thailand reports 54 new coronavirus cases, 2 more deaths

Thailand has reported a total of 2,423 cases and 32 fatalities, while 940 patients have recovered and gone home since the outbreak started.PHOTO: REUTERS

BANGKOK (REUTERS) - Thailand reported 54 new coronavirus cases and 2 more deaths on Thursday (April 9), including a 74-year-old French national.

An 82-year-old Thai man also died, said a spokesman for the government's Centre for CoVID-19 Situation Administration.

The new cases include five Thais repatriated from Indonesia who had travelled to South Sulawesi province for a religious gathering last month before the event was postponed.

Thailand has reported a total of 2,423 cases and 32 fatalities, while 940 patients have recovered and gone home since the outbreak started in January.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

How about Laos, what is the situation there?
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/09/b ... -april-20/

Bangkok announces ban on alcohol sales from April 10 to April 20
By Adam Judd -
Thursday, 9 April 2020, 15:21

Bangkok-

In a statement from Police Major General Pongsakorn Kwanmuang at the Covid 19 Disease Management Center in Bangkok at 1:30 PM this afternoon that was reported widely on Thai Media he stated that Bangkok would cease all sales of alcohol from April 10 to 20.

The official reason stated was to help encourage social distancing and stop the spread of Covid-19, however, it is also believed according to many comments on Thai social media that this follows similar moves in Chiang Mai to stop people from gathering and drinking during the traditional Thai New Year, or Songkran, which falls during the same period.

Officially, Songkran has been postponed to a later date by the Thai Prime Minister, however, the exact date has not been announced. The days are no longer public holidays but officials fear that people may still try to celebrate independently.

There are ten other provinces with bans or restrictions on alcohol sales according to Thai Media:

1. Sakon Nakhon 31 March – 16 April

2. Chiang Mai 10-20 April

3. Rayong 3–15 April

4 Buriram 2-30 April

5. Mukdahan 6-30 April

6. Suphanburi 4-30 April

7. Nakhon Pathom 2-30 April

8. Lamphun 1-30 April

9. Chonburi from 6pm to 6pm Morning (With the National alcohol sales laws still in effect this means one can only really purchase from 11-2 and 5-6)

10. Surin, 2-30 April
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

The 24 hour lockdown of Pattaya City that started yesterday-afternoon has now been LIFTED! Apparently the checkpoints caused traffic chaos and police couldn’t cope. So they’ve gone back to regular curfew for the time being.........
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

alexvanlaar wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:53 am The 24 hour lockdown of Pattaya City that started yesterday-afternoon has now been LIFTED! Apparently the checkpoints caused traffic chaos and police couldn’t cope. So they’ve gone back to regular curfew for the time being.........
Lol what a total cock up by the clowns in City Hall, massive loss of face for the Mayor :D. It really just demonstrates how incompetent that bunch are at organising anything, they're only their to line their own pockets. I questioned the need for it anyway and driving around the ghost town this morning just confirms that fact.

I've had longer lock ins down my local.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic