Domestic Abuse Increase UK

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Domestic Abuse Increase UK

Post by Yerg »

In other news, according to a UK charity, they have seen a 25% increase in calls for help regarding domestic abuse or domestic violence since the call to stay at home and stay safe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52157620

Not that I am mocking this in any way, but having seen my elderly parents go at each other in the last two weeks, (especially in the last 3 or 4 days), I can see why calls might have increased. They are both becoming cantankerous, short-tempered and have little patience for anything right now, and they seem to push each other's buttons, whether wilfully or accidentally, and I have to step in to play peacemaker. I never thought I'd ever see the day where I had to put my own parents in time-out to calm things down. My, how the tables have turned.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Domestic Abuse Increase UK

Post by Anchor Moy »

Slightly off topic; I've noticed that posters that are in lockdown are becoming more short-tempered on the forum also. I am grateful to be in Cambodia.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:24 am Slightly off topic; I've noticed that posters that are in lockdown are becoming more short-tempered on the forum also. I am grateful to be in Cambodia.
Your wrong , your f$#@* wrong again . What makes you think like that you f^%#@ as*&%$ Just because I have told the house sitting lady in my house to move out because she is so bloody untidy does not mean I am short tempered from being in lockdown. Besides I am now living in the Lucky Country where everyone wants to live.
Spoiler:
:stir:
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Yerg wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:11 am In other news, according to a UK charity, they have seen a 25% increase in calls for help regarding domestic abuse or domestic violence since the call to stay at home and stay safe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52157620

Not that I am mocking this in any way, but having seen my elderly parents go at each other in the last two weeks, (especially in the last 3 or 4 days), I can see why calls might have increased. They are both becoming cantankerous, short-tempered and have little patience for anything right now, and they seem to push each other's buttons, whether wilfully or accidentally, and I have to step in to play peacemaker. I never thought I'd ever see the day where I had to put my own parents in time-out to calm things down. My, how the tables have turned.
Good job they are not cambodian or they might have been using swords and meat cleavers to settle it
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Pots and pans can be just as deadly.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:24 am Slightly off topic; I've noticed that posters that are in lockdown are becoming more short-tempered on the forum also. I am grateful to be in Cambodia.
:D I've noticed that but it's even more hilarious over on ThaiVisa. I only read the relevant to me Pattaya forum and it seems like every second post on every thread is a Mod message " Series of bickering posts deleted" etc etc. Even the most inoffensive posts seem to spark attacks, a lot of angry and frustrated people out there.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic