Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
King Keil
Expatriate
Armenia

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by King Keil »

It's a miracle that despite all these gatherings and the virus being so contagious there are no new cases. All these chinese passing through for 3 months and atrocious hygienical standarts and still cambodia has defeated the virus. It's a freakin miracle
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

King Keil wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:43 pm It's a miracle that despite all these gatherings and the virus being so contagious there are no new cases. All these chinese passing through for 3 months and atrocious hygienical standarts and still cambodia has defeated the virus. It's a freakin miracle

I'm pretty sure it's all Gods miracles. Why not ask him.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

King Keil wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:43 pm It's a miracle that despite all these gatherings and the virus being so contagious there are no new cases. All these chinese passing through for 3 months and atrocious hygienical standarts and still cambodia has defeated the virus. It's a freakin miracle
I hope those who study these outbreaks look at Cambodia and why this has been so. No one here is reporting that the hospitals are over stretched and if they were it would be all over Facebook. To be quite honest my mother is actually reluctant to return to the UK until they get over the worst of it as she feels safer here.

But.... fingers crossed it doesn’t hit us hard here after I have said the above lol famous last words and all that m’larky.
username
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by username »

Hi, I'm currently in the Philippines (have been for two years), so I'm not up to date with the situation in Cambodia.

I heard from a good friend in Cambodia that her brother and his wife that works in the garment industry are not allowed to leave the factory (they have to live on site), and that they have to stay there over khmer new year.

Has there been any public information regarding this, or may it be a case of not having saved up enough money/saving face?

Again, sorry I'm really not up to date with the situation in Cambodia at the moment.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Reports No New COVID-19 Case for Two Days Consecutively
AKP Phnom Penh, April 05, 2020 --

Cambodia reported no new case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) for two days consecutively, but another recovered case, said the Ministry of Health in a press release made public this morning.

The new recovered case is a 62-year-old Malaysian national in Kampong Cham province who came to Cambodia for a religious affair. He has been discharged from Kampong Cham provincial hospital after being tested negative twice.
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/29201
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Prices of medical supplies in Cambodia skyrocket
Since the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic earlier this year, many pharmacies in Cambodia have run out of medical equipment and supplies, local newspaper reported.
VNA Sunday, April 05, 2020 15:39

Phnom Penh (VNA) – Since the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic earlier this year, many pharmacies in Cambodia have run out of medical equipment and supplies, local newspaper reported.

According to the Khmer Times, prices of such products like masks, gloves, hand sanitisers and drugs skyrocket due to novel coronavirus fears.

The Health Ministry cited earlier this week the Law on the Management of Pharmaceuticals as saying that medicine and health equipment must bear ministry registration numbers and sellers are required to have permits.

It also said medical products must be sold in pharmacies, not on online stores.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/prices-of-med ... 171212.vnp
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

According to the Khmer Times, prices of such products like masks, gloves, hand sanitisers and drugs skyrocket due to novel coronavirus fears.
I've seen hand sanitizer, gloves and masks on sale in loads of places and haven't noticed any huge prices. I've bought pharmaceuticals recently too and the price was normal.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Third day of no new COVID-19 cases, three more recovered

No new case of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) was detected in Cambodia for three days in a row, while three more patients have been cured, according to a press release of the Ministry of Health issued this morning.

The new recovered cases are three Malaysian nationals, aged 39, 26 and 40 years old in Kampong Cham province who came to Cambodia for a religious affair. They have been discharged from Kampong Cham provincial hospital after being tested negative twice.

As of 07:00 am on April 06, 2020, Cambodia has reported 114 COVID-19 confirmed cases, including 49 Cambodians, 40 French, 13 Malaysians, 5 British, 2 Americans, 2 Indonesians, one Canadian, one Belgian, and one Chinese. Of them, 53 have been successfully cured.

Source: https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/29222

('Cured' of course should read as 'recovered')
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 am
I've seen hand sanitizer, gloves and masks on sale in loads of places and haven't noticed any huge prices. I've bought pharmaceuticals recently too and the price was normal.
I've also seen these items for sale at normal prices, or maybe just a little higher, but certainly not 'skyrocketed'.
Another example of the fake news Khmer Times is spreading.
Wasn't it announced by the government that they would crack down on fake news outlets?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:23 am
I must have missed something, everything appears "normal" and I haven't seen a Khmer times article saying prices have "skyrocketed" There is an article in Cambodian Daily about prices skyrocketing and mentioning the Khmer Times but its source is Vietnamplus the same as the OP.

Edit: OK I found the offending article in Khmer Times 3rd April 2020

Pharmacies struggle to stock goods amid virus fears https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50708995/p ... rus-fears/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic