Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
404FreedomNotFound
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Post by 404FreedomNotFound »

@DaveG
I'm very aware of how an ICU department looks like I've seen it with my own eyes many times. It's bad. Like really really bad. I've seen what hospital under staffed looked like years ago, and I can imagine how much worst it must be now. Especially with the number of staff in quarantine at their home, and all the extra precautionary measure they must take to avoid contaminating the other patient, many of which would most likely die if they were to be sick with covid-19. All of the extra sick to this new deadly disease in addition to that, it must be hell on the most impacted hospitals, especially in countries where the health-care system was already on the brink and had funds cut a lot across the past couple year. One does not simply say, billions of dollar and precautionary measures should take place without a reason, yet those are my claims.
I dare you to tell me how my post in any way contradicts with the dire situation in some hospitals currently. If anything, our hospital staff would have better support if people weren't lead to overly deplete medical supplies and travel cross region, self medicate and so much more due to fear mongering.

Now what I'm really afraid is of how empty the hospital will be and how full the cemetery will be next year, when there's no money left for health-care cause everyone spent a year sat on their couch in a country where the economy is mostly based on non-essential services.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

404FreedomNotFound wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 am @DaveG
I'm very aware of how an ICU department looks like I've seen it with my own eyes many times. It's bad. Like really really bad. I've seen what hospital under staffed looked like years ago, and I can imagine how much worst it must be now. Especially with the number of staff in quarantine at their home, and all the extra precautionary measure they must take to avoid contaminating the other patient, many of which would most likely die if they were to be sick with covid-19. All of the extra sick to this new deadly disease in addition to that, it must be hell on the most impacted hospitals, especially in countries where the health-care system was already on the brink and had funds cut a lot across the past couple year. One does not simply say, billions of dollar and precautionary measures should take place without a reason, yet those are my claims.
I dare you to tell me how my post in any way contradicts with the dire situation in some hospitals currently. If anything, our hospital staff would have better support if people weren't lead to overly deplete medical supplies and travel cross region, self medicate and so much more due to fear mongering.

Now what I'm really afraid is of how empty the hospital will be and how full the cemetery will be next year, when there's no money left for health-care cause everyone spent a year sat on their couch.
What's this no money left thing you talk about. Are you saying the government money printing machines will stop operating for some unknown reason.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
404FreedomNotFound
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by 404FreedomNotFound »

Duncan wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:17 am What's this no money left thing you talk about. Are you saying the government money printing machines will stop operating for some unknown reason.
The more pounds are printed, the less a pound is worth. And then there's private and public debt etc...etc... I know it's a simplistic and non-correct way of approaching the question, but it's the best I can do on this thread without making a long post off-topic.

After the 2008 economic crash, they needed to cut on health-care cost. In previous year they were saying they needed to cut on costs for health-care as well. The UK has an economy mainly based on non-essential services.
What happens in the UK after an unprecedented economic crisis that especially hurts non-essentials based economies when it comes to the quality of "free health care for all" for non-contagious disease can be easily guessed.
Even if you increase the cut of spending for health-care, there will be a dire cost, usually after slashing health-care retirement are next in line when we look at previous years.

Enough said out of topic, this is not the place, there is a Virus vs Economy thread.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

for fuck sake;
u all are still on comparing number of deaths.

thats not the worst part of this whole thing
its the economic meltdown
NOW and to follow for the next 4, 6, 12 month
Highest number of people in the US filing for unemployment EVER!!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:59 am for fuck sake;

USA have always done it better and bigger than other countries.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:59 am for fuck sake;

The US is having trouble to hold up the facade of being a civilized country, when deep down many of us have known for decades that it isn't. No surprise there. It might just lead to some much needed and long overdue change!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Some countries like Gaza and the West Bank will no longer exist after this virus has disappeared. It can do what guns bombs and blockades have failed to do.

Spoiler:
Sorry crystal ball malfunction again
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:17 am
404FreedomNotFound wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 am @DaveG

Now what I'm really afraid is of how empty the hospital will be and how full the cemetery will be next year, when there's no money left for health-care cause everyone spent a year sat on their couch.
What's this no money left thing you talk about. Are you saying the government money printing machines will stop operating for some unknown reason.
They will if they get the ink from China
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

US accused of 'modern piracy' after diversion of masks meant for Europe
German politician adds to chorus of complaints about American tactics to source protective gear
Kim Willsher in Charny Julian Borger in Washington and Oliver Holmes in Jerusalem
Sat 4 Apr 2020 00.21 BST
First published on Fri 3 Apr 2020 14.41 BST

The US has been accused of “modern piracy” after reportedly diverting a shipment of masks intended for the German police, and outbidding other countries in the increasingly fraught global market for coronavirus protective equipment.

About 200,000 N95 masks were diverted to the US as they were being transferred between planes in Thailand, according to the Berlin authorities who said they had ordered the masks for the police force.

Andreas Geisel, the interior minister for Berlin state, described the diversion as “an act of modern piracy” and appealed to the German government to demand Washington conform to international trading rules. “This is no way to treat trans-Atlantic partners,” Geisel said. “Even in times of global crisis there should be no wild west methods.”
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ing-demand
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Dead bodies left in Ecuador streets in city overwhelmed by COVID-19 pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic is overloading the city's public services to a point of collapse. Hospitals have no beds left to accept sick patients, and morgues, cemeteries and funeral homes are straining. With no place left to put them, some residents say they have no choice but placing them outside.
Jorge Wated, head of a joint military task force created to deal with Ecuador's coronavirus crisis, in a televised interview on Wednesday said that his task force had gone from "taking away 30 deceased per day to 150" over the past three days. Wated added that this was "independent of the hard work reactivated by the private funeral homes and graveyards in the country
https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavi ... 473945a2fc
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic