Scammed at Sharky Bar in Phnom Penh:

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Drifter
Expatriate

Re: Scammed at Sharky Bar in Phnom Penh:

Post by Drifter »

NokTang wrote:
PhnomRon wrote: Phnom Penh is filled with Cheap Charlies who seem to think they are clever when they can get over in any way on a bar owner.
if the customer base in PP is really a hotbed for cheap charlies the bar owners should better adapt or die just as they did in snooky where pretty anyone who tried to sell something upscale failed miserably and closed after a few months.

pretending to sell some shit hotdogs or french fries at western prices in PP is ridicolous.
if the customers complain about pricing the problem is YOU, not the customers.

i see such a turnover in restaurants in PP, most of them come and go in 6 months, and areas like str.51 are in disarray even if they sell as cheap as they can.

bar owners should accept the simple and obvious fact that we owe them NOTHING, why is it so difficult, i don't know.
there's such an amount of shit and arrogance and narcissism in the majority of bar owners in PP.
they fail in their business and blame US for their failure in their business plans ?? this is ridicolous and their food is also tasting like shit in most of the cases, i'm fucking tired of being quoted 4-5$ for 100gr of french fries with 50gr of chicken breast, go back to australia instead of polluting PP.

good riddance.
besides, these bar owners come here with their holier than thou attitude, listen as a cheap charlie i don't give a fuck about this, PP will be a better place if ALL barang owned places close down as the prices will finally go back to khmer standards.

barang owners are THE reason of the actual inflation in western food and bargirls.
the sooner they're booted out of business the better it is for everybody, snooky and PP and SR are the ultimate example of this logic going totally out of control and this also applies to hotels and guesthouses and again i blame australians for this because there's nobody else paying as much as them and ruining the market.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

LOL, well AUD is at 87 cents now, so that will change.

i blame teh Russians.
Drifter
Expatriate

Post by Drifter »

frank lee bent wrote:LOL, well AUD is at 87 cents now, so that will change.
impossible, in PP once the prices go up they never go down and this is even more true for red light activities.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

@Drifter. Solution simple pack up, leave Phnom Penh. There are large areas of Cambodia where you need never see another westerner, never mind western bars or restaurants. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

he did.
he is back.
Lonestar is one of my favorite places to eat in PP.
No accident it has been around for many years.

sometimes small incidents are given unwarranted attention in the expat pressure cooker.

people have too much time on their hands- they obsess over the most minor incident. it argues a lack of creativity i think, in the individual complainants.
fukkin $1 hotdogs and they get all bent.

most things that are not liked are easily avoided.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

frank lee bent wrote: most things that are not liked are easily avoided.
The point of the OP, and the discussion. I've avoided Lone Star since I don't like the "owners" attitude. Simple solution. Now I'll avoid Sharky as well. No big deal. I also avoid Walkabout since some idiots were paying the girls $15.usd for a ST in the bathrooms there. Can you imagine my horror at such quotes and demands? Easily avoided...cheers mate
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Drifter wrote:
frank lee bent wrote:LOL, well AUD is at 87 cents now, so that will change.
impossible, in PP once the prices go up they never go down and this is even more true for red light activities.
Exactly correct. The red light zones are ruined by barang intrusions with their big wallets and paying more than double the local price. Even at double, everything would be fine, but these guys paying triple upwards simply put ruin perfectly functioning red light zones around SEA. This is why we are in fact barred at some venues in various countries including all those in SEA. The locals want no part of us. None.
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Drifter wrote: pretending to sell some shit hotdogs or french fries at western prices in PP is ridicolous.
if the customers complain about pricing the problem is YOU, not the customers.
Very well put. While I don't mind good western food options, it remains the berating of the customers that I could well do without. If I want to pay $30.usd for a good Aussie steak, so be it. If I don't, that's up to me.

Most important thought however, related to your remark, is the fact that these so called "bar owners" and restaurant owners pay their staff the local wage! In Cambodia for instance, something like $100.usd a month. So they want to bitch at us, the customer, for not wanting to pay $3.usd for a beer all the while paying local wages! Cheers mate. Nok
NokTang
Expatriate

Post by NokTang »

Drifter wrote:, PP will be a better place if ALL barang owned places close down as the prices will finally go back to khmer standards..
Again, well said. I go to Cambodia to interact with Cambodians and pay Khmer prices or a little more for special services/things. It's the barang involvement in prostitution which deserves special attention because the examples are set, here in Thailand and in Angeles City, Philippines. They ruin it and the girls. She wont' want to clean house or cook or take the kids to school or anything once her attitude is so screwed up by these foreigner "bar owners" pimps.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

NokTang wrote:
Drifter wrote:, PP will be a better place if ALL barang owned places close down as the prices will finally go back to khmer standards..
Again, well said. I go to Cambodia to interact with Cambodians and pay Khmer prices or a little more for special services/things. It's the barang involvement in prostitution which deserves special attention because the examples are set, here in Thailand and in Angeles City, Philippines. They ruin it and the girls. She wont' want to clean house or cook or take the kids to school or anything once her attitude is so screwed up by these foreigner "bar owners" pimps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic