OFX Transfer money problems

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

OFX Transfer money problems

Post by Duncan »

E/Mails from OFX after booking the deal and transferring money to their account.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for dealing with us.

When booking a transfer we need to confirm the details with you. As we have not been able to contact you to confirm these details we have had to cancel your transfer; Transfer XXXXXX

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email regarding your transfer.

Our team in Sydney, Australia will need to reach out to you on Monday to confirm this transfer with you as this is the first time you are sending funds to this particular beneficiary in Cambodia which is considered an high risk area.

They will contact you via email on Monday regarding how you can proceed with this transfer.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We received a deposit into our bank account that we believe may have been sent by you, however there are no transfers booked on your account. If you have transferred funds to us recently, please login and book a new transfer by following the steps below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologise that we were unable to complete your transfer in a timely manner.

It does not look like we have received your funds yet, however when we do we will be happy to return them back to your account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologise for the confusion and can now confirm that we have set up a holding transfer for these funds on your account.

We do however require the Proof of Payment as mentioned to be able to verify the sending account.

This is down to us receiving minimal information upon receipt of the funds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I apologise that this has been frustrating to deal with, we have every intention to return your funds however we do not have your Australian bank account details to return it to.

---------------------------------------------------------

HEY < OFX , I HAVE SENT THOSE DETAILS AGAIN . . NOW DON'T MAKE LIFE SO BLOODY DIFFICULT FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS OR YOU WONT HAVE ANY.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: OFX Transfer money problems

Post by Duncan »

WTF s going on in this world. I though I would try sending money through WING . All going well until I get this e/mail , and now waiting in line for hours ? for a Chat session to find out why it was cancelled.

WorldRemit Support <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Thu, 2 Apr at 5:23 pm

Hi XXXXX

We're sorry to inform you that we've made the decision to cancel your transaction and close your account.

This means that we've cancelled your payment. In the majority of cases, it should appear in your account within 2-3 working days but it can take 7-21 days depending on your bank/card issuer.

There are a number of reasons we may need to close a customer’s account: we may have concerns over security or feel that there's been a breach of our terms and conditions. Sometimes, a customer simply has more than one account to their name.

We’re not legally able to tell you the exact reason for each closure, but we always aim to stay balanced, fair and safe when reviewing our transactions – so if you think we've made the wrong decision, we'd love for you to get in touch.

Please visit our help pages for more information.

Best Regards,
WorldRemit Customer Service

No agents are available.
We can't chat right now. Try again later.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
LinDa777
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LinDa777 »

Duncan I had something similar about 7 years ago with WU
They ended by sending message like you got and I’ve been blocked from using them ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

WTF? I don't get this Duncan. As you know, I recently did 2 transfers..one with AudSmart and the other with Transferwise. I had to go through some ID process when setting up the accounts, I think one I sent an image of my passport and the other my OZ driver's license details and I think it took a day for them to get back to me to confirm I'm approved/ready to transfer funds. I never got the above bullshit after I did the transfer. I did a 2nd transfer with AudSmart and again no issues.

As an aside, I also considered OFX and I had a query about the transfer costs that I sent via their online messaging system on their website and never got a reply from them...not a good sign. Later I found their email address but thought..nope I won't bother. I also heard they were subject to a recent takeover offer (ASX listed) but has been killed off coz of Wuhan virus uncertainty.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

So much for Wing Hey who is the Wing guy here on this forum that promotes this crowd, They are bloody unhelpful.

Copy and past from the chat .

I totally understand that. However it is our reviews team who have decided to disabled your account.
Please try look for other srvice provider.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to reactivate your account at this point in time.
WorldRemit Agent Elenor Rigby
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

That Wing guy on this forum left Wing a couple of years ago. I believe he now configures handsets.

I thought AUDSmart were the Wing partner in Oz.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Maybe this has got something to do with Cambodia being on the countries known for money laundering ?

What pisses me off is I have money
Spoiler:
A$ XX,XXX
under my mattress in PP but don't want to tell anyone that its there .

Hey kids , take $5 and buy something , but dont tell your mother OK.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

An update on my problems with OFX .

I lodged a complaint with Australian Financial Complaints Authority, not only asking for return of my money but also compensation from them for breaking a legally binding agreement between us.

And guess what ? I received my money back into my bank account straight away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic