Journalism in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Drifter
Expatriate

Re: Journalism in Cambodia

Post by Drifter »

these fools become journos first and foremost to feed their narcissism and their ego, they go nuts when they stop receiving any attention.
don't give them any attention and don't validate their bullshits.
YourMother
Expatriate
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by YourMother »

May be true. Fame, maybe, ego, hmmmm ....

The last time I complained that some 80 year old pinched my butt, my good neighbor taught me where to buy a gun, machine gun, vest, and told me I should get it registered in case someone set me up.

But with my big ole thighs and my butt so big, my .45 hangs nicely just below my tits. And ain't nobody but their mother needs to be registered when I pull my slugger out.

Plus I got a squirt gun that I reconstructed with a wet/dry vac that shoots more psi than a drunken american indian.

Still got my original question:

How much for a press pass?

I'll knock that tea money bitch over the head so hard with my rolling pin he'll wish I got out my slugger!

So there. An idiot is an idiot is an idiot. Bullet or not.

:popcorn:
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

Username Taken wrote:
Milord wrote:
Garry.Crabtree wrote:Good grief, what's an oxymoron again??
"journalistic ethics"

"press freedom"

Happy now?
Looks like Garry's gag went right over your head. :facepalm:
Yup, didn't catch it. Good one too. I thought he was being a grammar nazi. I should have known better.

Most newspaper stories in Cambo and Thailand read, something happened somewhere and no one will comment. Unless of course they are grandstanding.
Johan
Tourist

Post by Johan »

The truth is for sale...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just sharing this little gem from PPP.

Quote of the day:

"We don’t have such authority to arrest or kill journalists. Anyone, any colour, they can do what they like. If it happens, it happens by the people. We have a policy to bring justice."

Council of Ministers spokesman Phay Siphan on the government not being responsible for killings of journalists nor for their perpetrators escaping justice
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic