Prassac to ABA transfer

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Prassac to ABA transfer

Post by Doc67 »

I went into Prassac the other day to see how to do a bank transfer from Prassac to ABA. They said it can't be done, as Prassac is not a bank.

I have also heard that you can't pay cash into an ABA account anymore using the machines, you have to take a ticket, waited for ages and then pay in over the counter and filling out a source of funds form. (I don't really want to sit in a small room stuffed with Chinese sneezing either)

I assume Prassac can issue cheques which could then be deposited in the ABA machine (I think).

Anyone got any suggestions?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Prassac to ABA transfer

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:47 am I went into Prassac the other day to see how to do a bank transfer from Prassac to ABA. They said it can't be done, as Prassac is not a bank.

I have also heard that you can't pay cash into an ABA account anymore using the machines, you have to take a ticket, waited for ages and then pay in over the counter and filling out a source of funds form. (I don't really want to sit in a small room stuffed with Chinese sneezing either)

I assume Prassac can issue cheques which could then be deposited in the ABA machine (I think).

Anyone got any suggestions?
Carry cash. Only way from most MFI's to banks.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

You can have a check issued by Prasac if it's a large amount and you don't feel comfortable carrying the cash with you. You can't deposit a check into the machine at ABA though. If you want to deposit cash into the machine at ABA, you have to have their app on your phone.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 pm You can have a check issued by Prasac if it's a large amount and you don't feel comfortable carrying the cash with you. You can't deposit a check into the machine at ABA though. If you want to deposit cash into the machine at ABA, you have to have their app on your phone.
I have the app. How does this enable a cash deposit?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

You go to the cash-in machine and a QR code appears. You read the QR code with the app on your phone which transfers all of your account info to the machine and then you deposit your cash into the machine. Before this, you had to manually type your card number into the machine. The closest of the two that I know of are the Prasac on the corner of Kampuchea Krom on the West side of Psar Thmey and the ABA on 130 at the top of Pharmacy row. East side of Psar Thmey. A five minute walk limiting your exposure if you're carrying cash.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:39 pm You go to the cash-in machine and a QR code appears. You read the QR code with the app on your phone which transfers all of your account info to the machine and then you deposit your cash into the machine.
Yep, on the home page of the ABA app select 'Scan QR'
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Cooldude wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:06 pm You can have a check issued by Prasac if it's a large amount and you don't feel comfortable carrying the cash with you. You can't deposit a check into the machine at ABA though. If you want to deposit cash into the machine at ABA, you have to have their app on your phone.
Change your bank to ACLEDA or Canadiaand you will not queue up more than 10 minutes. I find less queses between 2 and 3 pm.
Prasac charge for cheques and can take a day or two. Banks charge for receiving cheques and takes a few days to clear.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

I deposited substantial cash over the counter at ABA and did not fill in any form and no questions asked. This was two weeks ago so perhaps they changed the rules since then.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@pczz ....you keep going on about long waits with ABA which is why you don't use them anymore, I personally have never had to wait any longer than 15-20 minutes when conducting in branch transactions with them, but for most transactions there is actually no requirement to even go inside a branch, most things can be done via the app, internet banking, ATMs and cash in machines.

I have had much longer waits, and much worse service, with both Acleda and Canadia.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:16 pm @pczz ....you keep going on about long waits with ABA which is why you don't use them anymore, I personally have never had to wait any longer than 15-20 minutes when conducting in branch transactions with them, but for most transactions there is actually no requirement to even go inside a branch, most things can be done via the app, internet banking, ATMs and cash in machines.

I have had much longer waits, and much worse service, with both Acleda and Canadia.
If your experince is different to mine then it is no suprise. Your experience will depend on which branch and what time of day you transact your business.
All I cna say is that i recorded the time taken for transactions from the time onthe ticket to the time i left the bank over 2 months and my average time for counter service in ABA was double what it was in ACLEDA. I gave up on ATM because of the long queues and slow machines. Quite probably if you go at midnight there wil not be a queue, and there is only 1 ABA ATM in Aeon so there will be bigger quesus, and only one in Central Market branch. its almost impossible to park at the 2 on preah sihanouk or st63 AT THE TIMES I GO. They may well be empty when you go
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic