Chinese Woman Injured in Violent Bag Snatching

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Woman Injured in Violent Bag Snatching

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Kandal): On March 28, 2020, an unidentified Chinese woman was seriously injured after she was attacked by two men who snatched her bag on street 115, Takmao city, Kandal.
The two thugs ran away to escape. Let's hope that the competent authorities pick them up soon.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Chinese Woman Injured in Violent Bag Snatching

Post by Spigzy »

There’s going to be a lot of this as loans become payable and now jobless Samnang doesn’t have enough for his/her family debts, probably worsened with Khmer New Year on the horizon.

For those with partners here, or dudes with a disposition for man bags, seriously, no handbags at any time would be my advice. Phone in jeans, money/credit card in the other pocket.

Economic impact of this COVID19 thing is going to hit hard. Cambodia has the worst household debt to income ratio in the World, and a whole bunch of folks lost their jobs or casual labour.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:03 pm There’s going to be a lot of this as loans become payable and now jobless Samnang doesn’t have enough for his/her family debts, probably worsened with Khmer New Year on the horizon.

For those with partners here, or dudes with a disposition for man bags, seriously, no handbags at any time would be my advice. Phone in jeans, money/credit card in the other pocket.

Economic impact of this COVID19 thing is going to hit hard. Cambodia has the worst household debt to income ratio in the World, and a whole bunch of folks lost their jobs or casual labour.
Good point and had that discussion the other day with the Mrs about taking extra care to safeguard your money and phone when going out. Inevitable there will be more crime.

Mentioned on another thread the increase in lone khmer girls walking around Riverside looking for customers. And from my balcony I've heard and seen various shouting and fights in the middle of the night in the street..I'm guessing homeless people and vagrants.

Probably not a good idea normally to be walking about late at night in quiet areas but now even the busier places are quiet and I would think potentially quite dangerous to be out.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Its so dead out in Siem by 22:00 that even Im leery of being out, and I daresay I have been in some gnarly areas in my life. Spooky.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

WildA wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:56 pm Its so dead out in Siem by 22:00 that even Im leery of being out, and I daresay I have been in some gnarly areas in my life. Spooky.
I am back in Phnom Penh members here know I would go out taking photos on the streets of art mostly in dark alleyways even at 3am in the mornings. Not now! Up to now since I arrived back I have not ventured out even in daylight hours. Things have now got the potential to become very uneasy out on the streets. I think it could get worse. Lets not be using the first line of your chant.
Everyone take care. Be safe :hattip:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 am
WildA wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:56 pm Its so dead out in Siem by 22:00 that even Im leery of being out, and I daresay I have been in some gnarly areas in my life. Spooky.
I am back in Phnom Penh members here know I would go out taking photos on the streets of art mostly in dark alleyways even at 3am in the mornings. Not now! Up to now since I arrived back I have not ventured out even in daylight hours. Things have now got the potential to become very uneasy out on the streets. I think it could get worse. Lets not be using the first line of your chant.
Everyone take care. Be safe :hattip:
Im not even taking my camera out of the house right now.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic