Going on the run and hiding in Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Going on the run and hiding in Thailand

Post by pczz »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 pm If this goes on for 6 months, don’t you think it will be a Mad Max reality show? I very much hope that by the end of April the world powers will have understood that shutting down blood flow to kill the virus much less deadly than humanity had coped with in its history will finish off the host for good. I expect they start opening up everything no later than June, otherwise the worst chaos will descend.
We don't know how deadly it is yet. At fist it was only elderly and sick, but its moving further down the age range. These things ahve a nasty way of mutating as well so I think we need to wait abit till we find outexactly what we are up against
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:01 am Wow, there have been many times over the years where I've been called a dumb ass on forums because I went to the bother of getting all my paperwork in order. Look what happened to the people who thought they were above this and could just pay a little baksheesh, all banished forevermore.
you still can, if u need, i know 2 agents, (1 in pattaya,1 in Bangkok- been in touch with both this past week) can do anything for you at immigration, ( 90 day stamps, extensions, (30 days,1 year- no money in bank required)

corruption is alive an well here :beer3:
and lo and behold prices have NOT gone up over last year lol
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 pm I think I will post this here because I don't think it would be allowed to be discussed on a forum like ThaiVisa.

Let's say this thing keeps on getting worse and worse each month, so in the end we're talking about 6 months until everything returns to normal.

That equals 1,900 baht x 6 immigration visits, transport to immigration 6 times, and finally around 30 hours (5 hours each visit) wasted in immigration.

Total = roughtly 12,000 baht + so many hours of your life you'll never get back.

Or just go somewhere it's unlikely you'll be caught and live there for 6 months. 20,000 baht fine when you leave, but it's only really 8.000 baht when you take away the above.

The worst thing here is the fact you can't make any plans in month because you're living 30 days at a time.

It could actually be worse because I heard they only give you 20 days on a first visit + extra 10 on the second.

Now you would be banned from Thailand for a year if you're not caught. There are places where this would be easy.

And you would have to pay around $300 on the way out. Spend the next year 6 months in Cambodia + 6 months in Sri Lanka/Bali

Would you take the chance for some normality?

Even if they would just give out 3 month visas for 1,900 x 3 it would be so much easier.

I've heard Philippines, Indonesia, and other countries are giving expats a free pass until this world pandemic is over. Get your act together Thailand, even if it's just so having thousands of foreigners stuck together every day at immigration could help save Thai lives.
get lost you cheap skating cunt. we will detain you the airport . free pass??? another loser who is afraid to man up an pay his dues. entitled twat. this is a serious forum for decent people.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:11 pm
yongchi wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:51 pm As @phuketrichard has pointed out, that is not a good idea.

Also, overstaying (and in particular that long) might make you ineligible for obtaining a Thai Elite visa in the future.
You may say, "I will never need that."
But, as others have found out, things can change.

An intact reputation is worth a lot more than the savings on visa extensions.
Yeah, I was just thinking it does sound a bit stupid long-term.

But an adventure short-term for sure lol

Maybe I will want to come back next year.
If you get caught you will spend extensive time in the 'immigration hotel'. Most airlines suspended flights until the end of June, and I'm sure you won't be the one going on the first flight on July 1st.

So, not recommended.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:06 am
SiemReapRoddy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:11 pm
yongchi wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:51 pm As @phuketrichard has pointed out, that is not a good idea.

Also, overstaying (and in particular that long) might make you ineligible for obtaining a Thai Elite visa in the future.
You may say, "I will never need that."
But, as others have found out, things can change.

An intact reputation is worth a lot more than the savings on visa extensions.
Yeah, I was just thinking it does sound a bit stupid long-term.

But an adventure short-term for sure lol

Maybe I will want to come back next year.
If you get caught you will spend extensive time in the 'immigration hotel'. Most airlines suspended flights until the end of June, and I'm sure you won't be the one going on the first flight on July 1st.

So, not recommended.
go for it sir!!! the man is a bozo and bring your reputation down in the eyes of our cambodian friends
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Doesn't sound like a brilliant idea to me. The pandemic will make it more likely that you get caught, there's additional reporting and there are additional checkpoints. Paranoia might well increase, it's best to have your immigration paperwork in perfect order.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:01 am Wow, there have been many times over the years where I've been called a dumb ass on forums because I went to the bother of getting all my paperwork in order. Look what happened to the people who thought they were above this and could just pay a little baksheesh, all banished forevermore.
John - they are stupid. I have never heard you give dumb advice or not pay your dues.
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

Mishmash wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 am
SiemReapRoddy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:42 pm I think I will post this here because I don't think it would be allowed to be discussed on a forum like ThaiVisa.

Let's say this thing keeps on getting worse and worse each month, so in the end we're talking about 6 months until everything returns to normal.

That equals 1,900 baht x 6 immigration visits, transport to immigration 6 times, and finally around 30 hours (5 hours each visit) wasted in immigration.

Total = roughtly 12,000 baht + so many hours of your life you'll never get back.

Or just go somewhere it's unlikely you'll be caught and live there for 6 months. 20,000 baht fine when you leave, but it's only really 8.000 baht when you take away the above.

The worst thing here is the fact you can't make any plans in month because you're living 30 days at a time.

It could actually be worse because I heard they only give you 20 days on a first visit + extra 10 on the second.

Now you would be banned from Thailand for a year if you're not caught. There are places where this would be easy.

And you would have to pay around $300 on the way out. Spend the next year 6 months in Cambodia + 6 months in Sri Lanka/Bali

Even if they would just give out 3 month visas for 1,900 x 3 it would be so much easier.

I've heard Philippines, Indonesia, and other countries are giving expats a free pass until this world pandemic is over. Get your act together Thailand, even if it's just so having thousands of foreigners stuck together every day at immigration could help save Thai lives.
get lost you cheap skating cunt. we will detain you the airport . free pass??? another loser who is afraid to man up an pay his dues. entitled twat. this is a serious forum for decent people.
https://youtu.be/dVNdTXEJv1A
Mishmash
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Mishmash »

SiemReapRoddy wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:10 am
Mishmash wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:36 am

https://youtu.be/dVNdTXEJv1A
dun come cambodia. we have enough problems without you. we are all under severe hardship. my family. my friends. the people. everyone on CEO. I doubt anyone here has not felt the cost. go and put yr silly videos elsewhere, we have a damn serious problem.
SiemReapRoddy
Expatriate
Equatorial Guinea

Post by SiemReapRoddy »

If you know I'm not in Cambodia why are you even replying to my posts?

That video is from The Beach btw
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic