Any fellow gamers out there?

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: Any fellow gamers out there?

Post by siliconlife »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:23 am Mario kart tour

What's it like?? I've yet to try any of Nintendo's smartphone adaptations, out of fear of disappointment (and also I just hate using smartphones).
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

siliconlife wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:49 pm Any others in the community here still haven't grown out of childhood and think that video games are super cool? If so, what kinds of games do you like, and what are you playing right now? I love playing games, and also am working on developing my first one and putting a studio together in my free time. Recently I was super impressed by Little Nightmares.

I like the Uncharted games on PS3

Always "hope" but never "expect".
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:58 am I play Rainbow 6 Siege a lot and before that I was addicted to Counter-Strike for a good 10 years, if you're a fan of Little Nightmares you will LOVE a game called Limbo.

Limbo is absolutely mega-coooooooooool
work is for people who cant find truffles
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

I always wanted to play at being the captain of a starship, take-off, navigate the stars, and land on new planets. But with an enjoyable game with a reasonable difficulty level, not too high like many games nowadays. Exploring and appreciating fine visuals, not always shooting or calculating stuff...

Any good games on this segment ?

Anyway, my all-time favs were Virtua Tennis, Zelda Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4 and WipeOut on Dreamcast....A bit old, all that, i know...Thinking about PS4 now...mmmh
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:13 am I always wanted to play at being the captain of a starship, take-off, navigate the stars, and land on new planets. But with an enjoyable game with a reasonable difficulty level, not too high like many games nowadays. Exploring and appreciating fine visuals, not always shooting or calculating stuff...

Any good games on this segment ?
I do recommend playing the harder games like Faster Than Light, Space Engineers, or Stellaris for truly satisfying experiences; this is typically a hardcore subgenre.

However, for you, Ghost, I recommend No Man's Sky, it suits your description pretty neatly.

pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Sadly internet in Cambodia isn't great and there are not a lot of avilable servers for most games. Currently in Uk and practising on DAYZ before coronovirus II arrives next year and knocks over anyone this bugger leaves alive
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

pczz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 am Sadly internet in Cambodia isn't great and there are not a lot of avilable servers for most games. Currently in Uk and practising on DAYZ before coronovirus II arrives next year and knocks over anyone this bugger leaves alive
I've never experienced a problem with servers in Cambodia, I just have to use the Asian ones for most games, which I've heard can be problematic in some games, but not the ones I play. There are some great ISPs here now, and I have no problem getting stable connections and decent ping.

Regarding games for the apocalypse, Fallout: New Vegas ftw ;-)
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

siliconlife wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 am
pczz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:55 am Sadly internet in Cambodia isn't great and there are not a lot of avilable servers for most games. Currently in Uk and practising on DAYZ before coronovirus II arrives next year and knocks over anyone this bugger leaves alive
I've never experienced a problem with servers in Cambodia, I just have to use the Asian ones for most games, which I've heard can be problematic in some games, but not the ones I play. There are some great ISPs here now, and I have no problem getting stable connections and decent ping.

Regarding games for the apocalypse, Fallout: New Vegas ftw ;-)
there were only 4 battlefield 4 servers i could get on, with pings usually around 90 and up :-(
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I played RuneScape with my son for years, I still play occasionally.

I am getting a new computer system this week with three monitors! I’m going to start playing WOW again.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic