A $

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A $

Post by Kammekor »

Duncan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 am The race to the bottom continues as the RBA drops the interest rate .25 points to now .75 %
Why would you put your money in a bank account when you get the same return by putting it under your mattress or investing it in a lotto ticket.
at least it's still above zero.....
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

0.67 to USD
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Give POTUS time. With his international business savoir faire plus personal flair the US dollar will equal a small mound of kangaroo shit.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Duncan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 am The race to the bottom continues as the RBA drops the interest rate .25 points to now .75 %
Why would you put your money in a bank account when you get the same return by putting it under your mattress or investing it in a lotto ticket.

just walk into a work, first thing to pop up is this... for fuck sake, i don't want to buy n over priced collapsing apartment... can these cunts do something else to boost the economy and the keep the dollar strong
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

crob wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:44 pm

just walk into a work, first thing to pop up is this... for fuck sake, i don't want to buy n over priced collapsing apartment... can these cunts do something else to boost the economy and the keep the dollar strong
OZ government don't want a strong dollar. A weak dollar means low interest rate and then they can borrow at a almost nil cost.
The big downside is many pensioners find stocks and share market and investing too confusing these days so they just leave their life savings in a bank account and collect the interest which was OK many years ago but is now next to nothing. Under the Deeming rules the government still accesses them to be earning 3 percent ? on their savings over ?? which is why all my money is kept under my mattress where no one will find it.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
dirtymacca
Expatriate
Australia

Post by dirtymacca »

The low dollar is great for exports and tourism, unfortunately tourism is stuffed and Oz has nothing left to export (only non renewable resources to Chinkland) as all the local manufacturing is all but finished.
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

So, Trump is a clod because he created the strongest economy in the World?
He put more people back to work than anytime in the history of the USA.
He lowered the unemployment numbers for all minorities and especially helped the black youth.
under obama the black youth had nowhere to go but the street to find self respect.
Trump did not create the wuhan china virus.
china did.
The World is not hoarding yuan nor aussie dollars nor euros.
The World is hoarding US dollars.
I feel for my Aussie buddy who has to pay his rent and buy smokes and beer and food with US dollars.
He is on a pension and in the 3 years I have known him his pension keeps going down in value.
At least when you run out of toilet paper you can use money to wipe your collective Trump hating asses.
Just pick a currency... except, of course, US greenbacks.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Oh please J57!
The world and every topic on CEO is not always related donald trump and the glories of the good ol USA
You sound a bit paranoid about this sometimes - particularly with some of your foul-mouthed rants - despite your good sense on some things
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

dirtymacca wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:34 pm The low dollar is great for exports and tourism, unfortunately tourism is stuffed and Oz has nothing left to export (only non renewable resources to Chinkland) as all the local manufacturing is all but finished.
Very true D&M
BUT - Australia has a ship-load (ho ho) of the basic building blocks of world power that China needs.
And they will be swinging back into action much quicker than the steadily sagging West. (imo)
I reckon the Oz dollar will rise when china gets back on its feet - quite quickly. (not this year tho')

NB, I hate this dynamic - AU$ dollar rises when China is powering. and visa versa
although it does mean there is always a silver lining
Stinkman
Expatriate

Post by Stinkman »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:04 am Oh please J57!
The world and every topic on CEO is not always related donald trump and the glories of the good ol USA
Was j57 the one to first bring up Trump in this thread? You seem content with Trump being brought up in any other thread as long as it's insulting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic