Following the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak - News and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak in Cambodia as it Happens- News and Discussion

Post by Ghostwriter »

Reminds me of Terry Coverley
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak in Cambodia as it Happens- News and Discussion

Post by xandreu »

Stinging analysis of how this all started.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

PPUG wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 am Apologies if already posted, but this is an extraordinary story

UK did nothing for stranded tourists, so guy organises his own flight!

Private individual organises charter flight from Cambodia to get stranded UK tourists home

A UK citizen in Cambodia has intervened to organise a private charter flight to take 103 stranded UK tourists home, after claims that the UK Embassy and UK government “could not have done less to help”.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/706336/pri ... sts-home/
I believe all the embassy did was offer to send a tweet out to make sure the plane was full, incredible!

Well done to the man who organised it all, great effort. :bow:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:00 pm Image
Reminds me of Terry Coverley
And about as useless. Good spot Mr Tucker...
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

"As useless as a marzipian dildo"
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

This was posted by the Australian Embassy in Cambodia. I have not found any further official source of this information...

New entry restrictions for 🇰🇭 take effect next Tuesday. This includes suspension of visas on arrival, a new requirement for a negative COVID-19 test certificate and minimum USD50K travel insurance.
PPUG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by PPUG »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 am This was posted by the Australian Embassy in Cambodia. I have not found any further official source of this information...

New entry restrictions for 🇰🇭 take effect next Tuesday. This includes suspension of visas on arrival, a new requirement for a negative COVID-19 test certificate and minimum USD50K travel insurance.
Seems to be the case (according to Khmer Times link below)

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50706863/c ... m-tuesday/
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 am This was posted by the Australian Embassy in Cambodia. I have not found any further official source of this information...

More information on this here from Cambodian government news website Fresh News: newsworthy/information-coronavirus-camb ... ml#p408387
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Russia Implements Stay at Home 'Holiday' during COVID-19 Crisis
28/03/20 14:33
MOSCOW, March 27 (CGTN) - Russian President Vladimir Putin has announced a nationwide stay-at-home holiday from March 28th to April 5th to combat the spread of coronavirus.

As the number of cases in Russia rose to 658, the President called on people to stay home, but stopped short of implementing a full lockdown.
http://en.freshnewsasia.com/index.php/e ... 17-57.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@PPUG @CEOCambodiaNews yea, I already posted the info here as it seemed like a more appropriate thread topic36874.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic