Unable to travel due to coronavirus, will run out of prescription

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Unable to travel due to coronavirus, will run out of prescription

Post by Marty »

Terry Fishsauce wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:52 am Whatever drugs you need, don't run your stock too low, supply could be interrupted. This is going to be a really bad patch.
True that! Always maintain a reasonable stock at home of all essential items. Medications, food, drinkable water, etc. I would add, as these items in case this gets worse: vicious trained dogs, shotgun shells, muriatic acid, and a reasonable amount of gold and silver once paper money crashes so bad that nobody will accept it.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

I was taking this post seriously until you said "Ritalin" then i stopped reading.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Yeah, I know huh? Had he said his medication is charas or similar, it would be believable!
showme18
Tourist

Post by showme18 »

I found a solution and listing below in case it will help someone else out.

I agree with you. Ritalin isn't such a critical medicine compared to others but it's still something I prefer to have. I think it's definitely a net-positive in my life considering how much more productive I am at work when taking it.

1) google pharmacies in Siem Reap
2) give the phone to wife / girlfriend
3) wife / girlfriend cold calls pharmacies until she finds someone

We found a supplier after 10ish calls. None of the hospitals had it in stock - it was available at Bakheng pharmacy. Not too difficult, just pick up the phone and make some calls.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

showme18 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 pm I found a solution and listing below in case it will help someone else out.

I agree with you. Ritalin isn't such a critical medicine compared to others but it's still something I prefer to have. I think it's definitely a net-positive in my life considering how much more productive I am at work when taking it.

We found a supplier after 10ish calls. None of the hospitals had it in stock - it was available at Bakheng pharmacy. Not too difficult, just pick up the phone and make some calls.

Dont jump for joy until you have it in your hand. Many a word is misunderstood over the phone,,,, now sold out since you phoned,,,, price gone up .
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

showme18 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 pm I found a solution and listing below in case it will help someone else out.

Hi was the stuff you needed or wanted in stock? Price very high now? There are substitutes Gargle it. On OTC is pseudoephedrine. I hope that helps.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

WildA wrote:In case anyone cares, the drug called effient or prasugrel is top of the line with respect to stents. the only hospital in the country that apparently does Stentse is Royal Phnom Penh hospital, and their pharmacy doesn't stock it. 0k then
Effient and Brillinta are pretty new and I doubt anyone would have it in the Kingdom or Wonder. Have you tried plavix (clopidigrel) and aspirin as an interim stent solution?

Or just coudmadin (warfarin) for a while? Although starting it will initially cause a pro-thrombotic state and INR and PTT needs to be monitored.

Good luck to everyone out there.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:28 am
WildA wrote:In case anyone cares, the drug called effient or prasugrel is top of the line with respect to stents. the only hospital in the country that apparently does Stentse is Royal Phnom Penh hospital, and their pharmacy doesn't stock it. 0k then
Effient and Brillinta are pretty new and I doubt anyone would have it in the Kingdom or Wonder. Have you tried plavix (clopidigrel) and aspirin as an interim stent solution?

Or just coudmadin (warfarin) for a while? Although starting it will initially cause a pro-thrombotic state and INR and PTT needs to be monitored.

Good luck to everyone out there.
I got 3 month supply of Prasugrel at World Olympic Pharmaciie in PP. Fabulous experience and I gave them 5 stars on Google. Im not switiching meds, if at all, until I get back to the States, where I use Duke Univ Cardiology, which is aboout as good as you can get in the world. Im not adding a 20% greater risk to my crappy lifestyle without a Drs. permission. :plus1:

Luckily, its cheap in the USA too. Here is $25 a month. Thailand $65. USA about $19.99
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic